More helmet BS; by Carol Kirkwood.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Almost certainly. It ain't nicknamed the Bike Bashing Corporation for nothing. Have you seen all the visitor bike parking at their HQ? No? That's because there isn't any.
I've been told that there is some bike parking partly under the northeast corner of the BBC building, at the junction of Duchess Street and Hallam Street, by a sign saying "Any Bicycles Attached To These Railings Will Be Removed" (note: not "This Railing" implying it's not only the railing with the sign on it). The entrances are, of course, on the south and southwest sides of the building, as far away from the bike parking as possible. The only thing on audience travel directions about bikes is that you're not allowed folding ones even on the site! It doesn't even tell you about the crap bike parking. :wacko:

a.twiddler

Veteran
Well, let's hope that the experience hasn't put her off cycling.

Bike Bashing Corporation? First time I've heard that phrase, and I've seen some BBC bashing over the years. It wouldn't surprise me though, like many large employers, to hear that they have Could Do Better on their report card re encouraging cycling.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Obviously there is an element of compression when the helmet hits the ground,
I think we should be more concerned with the element of compression when the NOSE hits the ground. Given that the human nose is quite soft, when it comes into contact with hard tarmac while travelling almost vertically at any speed, I reckon it isn't going to put up much resistance and therefore will break, or squash to such an extent that it isn't going to offer any meaningful protection to the rest of the face. Don't try this yourself.

icowden

Veteran
Well, let's hope that the experience hasn't put her off cycling.

Bike Bashing Corporation? First time I've heard that phrase, and I've seen some BBC bashing over the years. It wouldn't surprise me though, like many large employers, to hear that they have Could Do Better on their report card re encouraging cycling.

well i’ve seen W1A so i know the execs like bromptons…

Top Bottom