More money!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
How come he is the boss and you are not, seems a bit confusing to me.

As I said disposable income you either have it or not. £2,500 say a day or a few days wages, most of you would work a lot longer to buy the bike of your choice.

Arch

Married to Night Train
How come he is the boss and you are not, seems a bit confusing to me.

Because being very wealthy, and the boss, is not always down to sheer individual talent or intelligence is it? It can be who you know, a willingness to tread on everyone you meet, or sheer luck.

OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
Arch, I would disagree with you on that post. I know of very few if any people who have made or held on to wealth without hard work and dedication.

I think it more likely that if you are happy with your level in life then you are unlikely to make the effort to better it.

400bhp

Guru
Arch, I would disagree with you on that post. I know of very few if any people who have made or held on to wealth without hard work and dedication.

That's different to someone being a boss - many people have wealth but someone is still their boss.

OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
400bhp, and?

NJK, not all car dealers are rip off merchants, again a sweeping statement that this forum is famous for.

That BMW bike is awesome!!!!

I think it is quite hypocritical of dedicated cyclists to criticise other people's spending habits.

It is certainly a good starter bike!

bmw-junior-bike.jpg

Arch

Married to Night Train
400bhp, and?

NJK, not all car dealers are rip off merchants, again a sweeping statement that this forum is famous for.

Really? Famous? Honestly? What proportion of the world population would, if asked, even know the forum exists? Don't confuse what you think with 'famous'.

The image of car dealer as crook is a pretty old one - back to Arthur Daley and no doubt beyond. Before cars, it was probably horse dealers. Don't be so precious.

OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
Sweeping statement, get it?

I used to be a car dealer, I was not a crook, I have no idea what you do but would you like to be tarred the same as the bad apples in your bunch.

At least you know that his 'Beemer' will soon be at the back of his shed, and in six months time, you can ask him if you can take it off his hands as it'll soon be past its sell-by-date: he'll be none the wiser, and certainly none the fitter.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Yes but the original question was concerning the meaning of the phrase. It's clear that screenman, despite his immense wealth, doesn't have enough sense to understand its meaning.:whistle:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Because being very wealthy, and the boss, is not always down to sheer individual talent or intelligence is it? It can be who you know, a willingness to tread on everyone you meet, or sheer luck.

Thank you again Arch. This chap got the job because the owner of the company was getting desperate to find a successor. I really shouldn't say any more than that.

Top Bottom