More positive news

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I pass him on the road (both cycling) about 3 times a week.
I assume that the word "pass" in this context means meet while going in different directions, rather than overtake? :smile:

dodgy

Be perplexed no more! https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/more-positive-news.260906/page-6#post-5990548

At least I assume that's what he was referring to.

Right, he does more riding off road but that doesn't mean he doesn't ride on road (I know you know this), talk about jumping to conclusions.
Also, that article is 2 years old. I would imagine Chris was keen to drive home that if even he is nervous of riding on road, what about the masses of would-be cyclists. He's done a fantastic job, the person you most want to be on the other end of a debate about cycling.

And anyway, even it he didn't ride on roads at all anymore, does that invalidate the campaigning he's doing? I'd say it strengthens it imo.

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Right, he does more riding off road but that doesn't mean he doesn't ride on road (I know you know this), talk about jumping to conclusions.
I think at the time CB was trying to get over the message "I understand people's fears and concerns. Even I can find it tiring/intimidating riding in traffic, I'm not some pro superman who finds it easy". But I think it came out as - "I've given up trying to ride on the road".

I think at the time CB was trying to get over the message "I understand people's fears and concerns. Even I can find it tiring/intimidating riding in traffic, I'm not some pro superman who finds it easy". But I think it came out as - "I've given up trying to ride on the road".
Good work Mr Trousers! If you are bored, you could tell Mr Dodgy about this post https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/more-positive-news.260906/post-5990554 , I'm sure he'd be grateful :P

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm going to presume that is a sarcasm emoji in this context (happy to be corrected):
The WHOLE POINT of this is to convert some drivers into cyclists. You can either buy into this, or not. Hence the thread name: "positive".

Meanwhile, I don't really see that winter weather makes a lot of difference to the "aggresive driver" count. Sure, there will be some more drivers in the winter - but they won't be a statistically significant difference in terms of danger; there are many many more significant factors. IMO the more drivers that cycle in fair weather, the less careless they will be as drivers - that's reasonable, isn't it?
Thing is many drivers don't change their driving when winter does come around. Be it just heavy rain, which can actually make them drive faster, or in low temperatures or snow.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
4 days in to the trial of e acooters in Northampton and one rider has been charged with driving without a licence, failing to stop following an accieent, careless driving and driving without insurance.

Nice to see that right acrose the UK the trial is going so well. Not.

Top Bottom