More problems with cyclists than motorists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I seem to be getting more annoyed with other cyclists than motoists. I know than a car can cuase more damage than a bike, but a cyclist cutting you up can still be bad.

I got cut up this morning. The clip below is very boring and relatively uneventful. Cyclist barges in fron when its a tight squeeze so had to slam the brakes on.

My issue is that this happens plenty of times to me and other cyclists I see (its not just me). I asked him why he thought it was ok and was told that I didn't fall off so who cares. He also told me that he is faster than me if he wanted to (I had already passed him with plenty of space) so that gave him the right. He didn't seem to argue that he did it, just couldn't really care if he barges anyone out of the way.

I know there's no 'sides' on the commute but if there was, surely cyclists whould be on the same one?

Sorry, rant over.

sabian92

Über Member
Bit rude that although it didn't look too dangerous.

Also, I'd avoid that cycle lane - you're asking to be doored there. I'd ride in the road but that's just me.

OP
OP
M

Markymark

I agree it wasnt dangerous. He just cut me up and when I asked why, I got all sorts of stupid answers. Probably shouldn't have asked why but it irritates me.

Lee_M

Guru
looks like one of the rides on my commute. people do things like that all the time, there are bound to be as many dickhads on bikes as there are in cars just by the law of averages

Peowpeowpeowlasers

The only answer is to fly past him at warp speed whenever the opportunity presents itself. Or slowly overtake him, allow him to ride your tail, and then accelerate away.

Twanger

Über Member
I ride a brompton. There's something about a brompton that makes anyone with 700c wheels just itch to overtake. Which they do, and then set down at exactly the same speed as me right in front of me.

That's OK, I actually have no problems there. I get to draft them.

But a lot of cyclists pull back in after overtaking without checking where I am. I get cut up two or three times a day - either on CS7 or on Lambeth bridge.

You get used to it. I don't even bother shouting any more.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
I ride a brompton. There's something about a brompton that makes anyone with 700c wheels just itch to overtake. Which they do, and then set down at exactly the same speed as me right in front of me.

That's OK, I actually have no problems there. I get to draft them.

But a lot of cyclists pull back in after overtaking without checking where I am. I get cut up two or three times a day - either on CS7 or on Lambeth bridge.

You get used to it. I don't even bother shouting any more.

Yeah.Another day at the orifice.

Top Bottom