More questions about a database

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I think the Electric Café has moved or closed, so I am asking this question here.

I am trying to print a Spreadsheet in alphabetical order. I also need to keep the titles of the columns on each printed page.

I have found Page Layout and where you tick for "View" and "Print" gridlines, etc. But when I ask for the Headings to be printed, instead of the titles (that I created) it just prints A, B, C etc at the top. When I found "print rows (x) on each page" it will not accept that I would like row 1 or even row 2 printed. I tried asking for row two, thinking that row one is the identity of the columns. As I understand it "Freeze Frame" just applies to the layout on the screen, not the printed version.

This is complicated by the fact that the database was set up in Microsoft Office 2007, and has been imported into a Spreadsheet on Office 2010. Yes, I would prefer to be in the 2007 database, but the computer(s) that I use to work on this, have the 2010 Home and Student version.

Would any kind person like to help me with this. Thank you

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I think the Electric Café has moved or closed, so I am asking this question here.

It's moved to a sub forum in the Know How Section.

ohnovino

Large Member
Click "Page Layout" on the ribbon.

Click the arrow at the bottom right corner of the "Page Setup" box to bring up a dialog box.

Click the "Sheet" tab in that box.

You'll see a box labelled "Rows to repeat at top". Click in the box, then select the rows you want on the sheet. Or if it's just the top row, type "$1:$1".

That should do it, fingers crossed!

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Click "Page Layout" on the ribbon.

Click the arrow at the bottom right corner of the "Page Setup" box to bring up a dialog box.

Click the "Sheet" tab in that box.

You'll see a box labelled "Rows to repeat at top". Click in the box, then select the rows you want on the sheet. Or if it's just the top row, type "$1:$1".

That should do it, fingers crossed!

Yes, I got as far as "Rows to repeat at top", which reassures me I was on the right track. I did not know it needed a Dollar sign in front of the number. I will try that later today.

Thank you for your help.

I may be back later with another question.

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Following the above instructions, I managed to print the titles at the top of the page by requesting "rows to be repeated at top" as "B1:S1".

So far so good. For consistency, I would like to set a default style of the table (with gridlines and grey shaded alternate rows). Being a newby to Spreadsheets in Office 2010. Does anyone know how to remove the default.

Yes, before you ask, I have two copies of the Spreadsheet, just in case I make a humungous error on it. :whistle:

Top Bottom