More than 32,000 people have died on British roads in the past 10 years

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
summerdays said:
My youngest is at primary school in the city so how far do you think its going to be ... 1.3 miles round trip to drop him off - takes about 8 mins one way, 4 if we are running late. The older two I admit go further - that's why they catch a bus, after walking to the bus stop.

We always used to walk our school commute which was about the same distance as yours with the kids (even with my 4x4 :biggrin:), but now my kid has changed school,she begs a lift off her mates dad as he can drop them there on his way to work (he has cerebal palsy and struggles to walk any distance at all so it would be fairly uncharitable to ask why doesn't he walk himself), and they usually walk home the 3 miles home in the evening or beg a lift off her grandmother who lives round the corner if the weather is bad.

StuartG said:
Please provide any evidence that I have commuted by bicycle in the last 20 years. Difficult, because I have not. Hence remind me why your description of what I do and why I do it on my commute is not pure fabrication and a smear.

In other words a blantantly dishonest statement.

I think we are at cross purposes. ! was refering to being overtaken and then cut up. Whether this happens on a commute is irrelevant. Did you miss this in your attempt to label me as dishonest ?

I was commuting 70 miles a week a couple of years ago and then about another 30 or 40 at the weekends. I don't like being passed at 60mph on narrow NSL roads so I decided not to cycle commute.

However it isn't a sin so you should give it a try sometime. You might have a easier commute if you ride in 30 zones :biggrin:

User3094 said:
I am being sincere. Im trying to get to the bottom of your assertions. Please do me the honour of answering the questions?

Play the ball.

These are clearly not something you believe in yourself, so why are you expecting me to agree or disagree to any of them ?

StuartG

slower but further
very-near said:
I think we are at cross purposes. ! was refering to being overtaken and then cut up.
No. You were saying I commute. I do not commute. I have asked you for any evidence to the contrary. You have declined to give any.

Yet you have not withdrawn you statement of about my commute and the smear about self-serving attitudes and actions on motorists.

Don't wriggle. Was your statement about commuting and what I might or might not do on it pure fabrication on your side? Please answer yes or no.

StuartG said:
No. You were saying I commute. I do not commute. I have asked you for any evidence to the contrary. You have declined to give any.

Yet you have not withdrawn you statement of about my commute and the smear about self-serving attitudes and actions on motorists.

Don't wriggle. Was your statement about commuting and what I might or might not do on it pure fabrication on your side? Please answer yes or no.

I'm sorry, I wrongly attributed your cycle activity to cycle commuting as you come across as fairly hardcore.

However, If you cycle on public roads, the point made about being overtaken still stands!

MacB said:
Stupendous stuff, Linf is finishing 2009 on a high:biggrin:

You have no idea of the pains I go to :smile:

You might ask yourself how far I'd go to keep myself entertained :smile:

Bad Company said:
Time to bring back the man with the red flag?

At least that would keep Mr Paul happy.:tongue:

I've been holding the rabid half of the foamers forum off for days now (I swear that they are on day release :smile:).

About time someone else jumped in with a bit of balance :smile:

Top Bottom