Morgan Under The Microscope

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proto

Legendary Member
You certainly should! :notworthy: if nothing else you’d have made a load of money.

I knew a fellow who had one, black, very rare RHD. He had a bit of work done on the motor (bigger throttle bodies?) for a bit more go. Awesome car. Magnesium bits, thin glass, no soundproofing, not sure it had a radio, but the bit I liked the best was the bit of cord to open the doors. He bought it for £40k and you don’t want to know what he sold it for.

PS I’ve got the same seats (I think) in my Audi TT QS. Recaro Pole Positions. Nearest I’ll get to a Porsche!

PPS fellow Fireblade owner here. Had three of them. 918, 929 and a 954. Great bikes.

Last edited:
I drove a four cylinder Morgan about 15 years ago from Arnage back to our campsite at Le Mans, the owner was legless so I drove it back. It was horrible to drive, they are a curio, an expensive indulgence. My £89,000 would go on something a bit more developed and modern.
Have to agree, for that cash you could buy a secondhand supercar, but maybe not the image of a landed coutry gent?

Gunk

Guru
You certainly should! :notworthy: if nothing else you’d have made a load of money.

I knew a fellow who had one, black, very rare RHD. He had a bit of work done on the motor (bigger throttle bodies?) for a bit more go. Awesome car. Magnesium bits, thin glass, no soundproofing, not sure it had a radio, but the bit I liked the best was the bit of cord to open the doors. He bought it for £40k and you don’t want to know what he sold it for.

PS I’ve got the same seats (I think) in my Audi TT QS. Recaro Pole Positions. Nearest I’ll get to a Porsche!

PPS fellow Fireblade owner here. Had three of them. 918, 929 and a 954. Great bikes.

Mine was a lightweight, so supplied with no radio (previous owner put one in) thinner glass, no power steering and no sound deadening. It also had magnesium cup wheels, not that great to drive on the road, but brilliant on the track. I sold it in 2002 to help fund a house move when our youngest was born.

image.png

Top Bottom