morning or afternoon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
As I normally wake up at 11 or 12 at the weekends, my rides are normally about 1/2/3 pm and go on for about 1 hour or so. It is the warmest part of the day and I have just had lunch so always feel up to going out.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
As I normally wake up at 11 or 12 at the weekends, my rides are normally about 1/2/3 pm and go on for about 1 hour or so. It is the warmest part of the day and I have just had lunch so always feel up to going out.

pmsl :smile:

When i am on day shift i am probably up at around 5.30 am at the weekend to watch stuff i recorded in the week in peace and quiet before the telly gets confiscated by the kid and the wife, do jobs round the house and i might get a ride in on a Sunday morning at 9 am with the club ( this works out every other week ).
Am or Pm?
Makes no odds to me working days and nights i cycle commute and very odd hours , after a friday night shift it is a 3 am ride home .In my case it is more " when can i get a ride in " rather than when do i feel like a ride.

To Misquote the Dune novel ..

"Not in the mood? moods are for lovers and cattle not fighting cycling "

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Working nights I don't normally get up till 1.30pm ish, and have until 3.30pm till my son's home from school, so if I can i'll go out then. If I have no plans Saturday i'll go out after my nightshift finishes at 6a.m. Sundays are normally afternoon rides.

pepecat

Mornings....grudgingly.

I'm usually more awake in the afternoons, but i have to go cycling in the mornings otherwise i'd get distracted with other things and not go. So it's mornings for me - usually anywhere between 9.30 and 12ish.

In the weekday I will go in the evenings. However its only thanks to my shitty job that I feel too tired sometimes. On weekends I go early noonish, usually a slowish ride to help me get over a hangover. Usually my longer rides are on weekends simply because I have more time. Whatever the time tho, it all depends on whether the weather is fine coz I hate rain and strong winds.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Mornings FTW

tigger

Über Member
Early morning. Up at the crack of dawn. Roads are quiet, can mull over the day's issues, no interruptions, can devote the rest of the day to family. Seen some fantastic sun-ups in my time.

Me too. Unless the forecast is really bad or family commitments only permit PMs

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm a late morning/midday rider whenever I can at this time of year. I don't think I have any particular preference in summer though there's something magical about riding through a mid-summer dusk.

One thing that rarely changes: if there's any light left in the day, I automatically say ''morning'' to other cyclists. It tends to feel like morning when I'm on the bike.

Glover Fan

Whilst my performance is much better in the afternoon. I am a morning rider just because as much as I enjoy cycling, I don't love it so much that I will put it in front of doing anything else in life. Therefore I like being able to go out as early as possible and get back before 9/10 so I still have the day ahead of me to do what I like.

Hydra

Occasional Pepper Carver
I usually go out after lunch (about 12-1pm), just 'cause it takes me a good few hours to wake up both mentally and physically.

Occasionally I'll go for a quick 15 miles after work if I'm working lates. Nothing like a cool night-ride in the countryside to de-stress after a hard day's work :smile:

Top Bottom