1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most ridiculous Hi Fi upgrade

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by lifeson, 17 Jul 2007.

1. lifeson

lifeson New Member

This must be one of the daftest ideas for HiFi nerds to waste their money on
    Here

This site has some of the most expensive tosh I have ever come across

2. Jack

Jack New Member

£30 for 4!!

3. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Somebody is extracting the Michael!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Tim Bennet.

Tim Bennet. Entirely Average Member

Typical cynics!

Of course they're expensive - they have a unique acoustic damping core made of X38R.

How much X38R do you think you get to the pound? Muppets.

5. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

I don't know what your problem is, it clearly says "Screws included" which makes them a bargain. :eek:

6. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

How about this? Only £967 for a metre of connecting cable.

7. lifeson

lifeson New Member

What about this bargain
    Here

£4200 for 8ft of speaker cable :eek:

8. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

And all they're going to do is slap Oasis on the cd player... :blush:

9. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

and it doesn't even work the brakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. MartDavis

MartDavis Senior Member

I heard of some directional HiFi cable once. Bit daft as the signal is AC!

11. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

Hi-fi systems get up to prices that are unbelievable. It's perfectly possible to pay £3000 for a record player, and the real buffs do so without flinching. Once you get to a certain price range, then the 10% that one is supposed to pay for the interconnects and speaker cable comes to a lot of money. those riser things look like snake oil though.

NB - I am not excusing these people's idiocy, but they probably think that paying over a grand for a bike is equally odd.

12. And then consider how much you'd spend on a bike if you had the money...some of those hifi buffs would probably wet themselves laughing at what some cyclist spend per annum on kit!
    :eek:

13. TimO

TimO Veteran

The trouble with some of the Hi-Fi "enthusiasts", is the arguments they use. Gold plated mains plugs for example (and there are some £70 gold plated IEC plugs on that site), unless you've got a gold plated wall socket, and associated gold plating all the way to the power station, seems a bit pointless. Someone already mentioned directional cables, which you can pretty much prove must be non-linear if they actually are directional. Don't get me onto coloured markers around the edge of CDs to reduce light scatter... :eek:

A fool and their money...

14. fuzzy29

fuzzy29 New Member

How many music buffs or musicians spend thousands on their hi-fi? These sort of things are for people with more money than sense, like people in Porsche Cayenne's! Still, I just wish I was the one making that stuff, the profit margin must be huge.