Most ridiculous Hi Fi upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jack

£30 for 4!!

Keith Oates

Janner
lifeson said:
What about this bargain
Here

£4200 for 8ft of speaker cable :eek:
and it doesn't even work the brakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SamNichols

Hi-fi systems get up to prices that are unbelievable. It's perfectly possible to pay £3000 for a record player, and the real buffs do so without flinching. Once you get to a certain price range, then the 10% that one is supposed to pay for the interconnects and speaker cable comes to a lot of money. those riser things look like snake oil though.

NB - I am not excusing these people's idiocy, but they probably think that paying over a grand for a bike is equally odd.

TimO

Guru
The trouble with some of the Hi-Fi "enthusiasts", is the arguments they use. Gold plated mains plugs for example (and there are some £70 gold plated IEC plugs on that site), unless you've got a gold plated wall socket, and associated gold plating all the way to the power station, seems a bit pointless. Someone already mentioned directional cables, which you can pretty much prove must be non-linear if they actually are directional. Don't get me onto coloured markers around the edge of CDs to reduce light scatter... :eek:

A fool and their money...

fuzzy29

How many music buffs or musicians spend thousands on their hi-fi? These sort of things are for people with more money than sense, like people in Porsche Cayenne's! Still, I just wish I was the one making that stuff, the profit margin must be huge.

Top Bottom