Most ridiculous Hi Fi upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Phoebus

cisamcgu said:
lifeson said:
Arch said:
I listen to CDs on a £20 CD/digital radio set I got in Superdrug... It has a pretty blue light on the front...[/quote]

Anything that has the blue light on it is good in my book
I'm obsessed with lights especially blue LED's :biggrin: I bought my last Home cinema based on the fact it had a little blue light (Oh and it was DTS and multi region and had a subwoofer you can lay on its side :tongue: )
I HATE the bright blue LED's - We have one on our new flat screen TV, and it is REALLY annoying, especially when the room is dark - It shines out like a blue laserbeam from Star Wars or something !! :?:

Andrew

Blue, blue, electric blue.

Chromatic

Legendary Member

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Not quite in the same league but in HMV the other day, I noticed they have record clamps ...that'll solve the age old problem of my records inexplicably coming off the platter halfway through track two :okay:

byegad

Legendary Member
We had a salesman vainly attempt to sell us a gold plated lead set for £50, while we were buying a new TV.

I refused to buy and he eventually gave up.

He'd been so persuasive that I checked with my elder son, who designs, programs and builds computer control systems for use in extreme environments. His comment was it's digital, either the 1s and 0s get through or they don't, unless it might get wet or dirtied in some other way you don't need the gold plating. As our lounge is dry and has a stable temperature...

Reactions: C R
D

Deleted member 1258

Just to rebalance things a little

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Li...arz-Edition-Tubeless-Disc-Brake-Wheelset/OW2R

I have a relative expensive hifi, I also have a fairly expensive bike or too.

I definitely don't have these wheels , or any expensive digital cables

They're fugly things, and cost almost twice the cost of my car.

Now, if they were Carbon.... 👍
Nah, the nerd would worry about capacitive loss if they thought the stand-offs might be conductive! :biggrin:
Only us bikies call our type of plastic 'carbon' when it's a fibre-reinforced plastic. Marketing tosh. Better than glass fibre, for sure! But not heard of anyone wanting a glass bike...
Steels. Alloys. Plastics. That's what bikes are made from, in the main. Nothing fancy to see here, move along...

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Nah, the nerd would worry about capacitive loss if they thought the stand-offs might be conductive! :biggrin:
Only us bikies call our type of plastic 'carbon' when it's a fibre-reinforced plastic. Marketing tosh. Better than glass fibre, for sure! But not heard of anyone wanting a glass bike...
Steels. Alloys. Plastics. That's what bikes are made from, in the main. Nothing fancy to see here, move along...
Same with vinyl... why don't the stickers say 180grm plastic :rolleyes:

Top Bottom