Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Unusual bike

• Gay bike (as in not kewl)

• Built-in countermeasures bike

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
If the bastards want it they will find a way to nick it, and it is amazing how little taste some bike thieves have...

The ultimate 'Gay Bike' (apparently :biggrin:
2007_0722Shopper0001.jpg

It's surprisingly nippy, carries a fair bit of shopping (or other bits and pieces). All the 'wrinklies' not on electric war chariots already have one and the 'Yoofs' would rather die than be seen even near it. I park it all over Lincoln and have not bothered locking it for the last 5 - 6 years ... nobody wants it :sad: (which suits me :blush:).

MERV

2lbf8rs.jpg

Not really I had a "Pink" bike once.Wonder if I have a pic anywhere.

Found a pic.It's a pink Condor.Lovely bike but the colour scheme put me off.xx(

(hackbike 3) According to my records.

Dawes Horizon (hackbike 2) Sorry getting sentimental.

Ten years since I let my mate have it after he rode it into the canal.(hb3 that is)

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Yorkshireman said:
The ultimate 'Gay Bike' (apparently :biggrin:
2007_0722Shopper0001.jpg

It's surprisingly nippy, carries a fair bit of shopping (or other bits and pieces). All the 'wrinklies' not on electric war chariots already have one and the 'Yoofs' would rather die than be seen even near it. I park it all over Lincoln and have not bothered locking it for the last 5 - 6 years ... nobody wants it :ohmy: (which suits me xx().

I think we have a winner xx(

Oh I reckon the 'gay bike' would still get nicked if you parked in unlocked in Cambridge.

I used to park a bike in Cam that had drop handlebars, was at least early 1980s if not older, a mini-small women's frame (too small for me actually and I'm 5'2''), totally worn out brake pads, 5 gears but only 3 worked, a bent mudguard, general rust-a-rama, and luminous tape wrapped around the rack. It was a clunker, nicknamed The Beast as it weighed a ton for the size of the thing, you had to keep getting off it and kicking the mudguard to stop it rubbing the wheel....

Stolen and never seen again! So crapness is no defence....

U

User482

Yellow Fang said:
I've had two bikes nicked that had drop handlebars.

You may have been unlucky. You only have to browse the various mountain bike fora to see that there's a far higher risk of mtbs being nicked, than road bikes. Particularly in Bristol it seems - oh dear!

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Your bike did not look very pink. It looked more red than pink from the picture. I see Spencer Smith (ex GB triathlete) rides a pink Planet-X tri bike these days. May be it's not the defence it was.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I keep seeing a chap with a pink fixie and a pink top riding down Oxford Road in Manchester .....

Raleigh Shopper - argh nasty !!! If something can be knicked, it will be. I've seen a number of bikes with the old electrical tape tricks, but it's easy to spot the bikes that have quality components (Sora level and up) that might be worth a bob or two.

I posted this pic below some weeks back - two extrerme's of bike security. Mine, the blue cro-mo 15 year old Diamond back, with gold class chain lock and u-lock, the Specialized Hardrock (pretty new) with what can be described as a bit of combi lock wire slightly thicker than gear cable.

DSC00070.jpg

Top Bottom