MOT - Isn't it nice when things just....work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
[QUOTE 5565872, member: 9609"]I was so annoyed a few years ago, I take a bit of pride in preparing stuff for MOT, my 11 year old van had a clean sheet, then I noticed an advisory
View attachment 457266
but it wasn't it was a bit of dirt that could have been easily wiped off - I went back and complained but he just kept saying its an advisory it don't matter, can't remove it, anyway. no one will care - I cared, was upset for weeks, still am a bit.[/QUOTE]
I always get annoyed by 'unable to test rear seat belt as child seat fitted' advisory, or whatever the wording is. Why does that stop them checking.

screenman

Legendary Member
I always get annoyed by 'unable to test rear seat belt as child seat fitted' advisory, or whatever the wording is. Why does that stop them checking.

They are not allowed to remove the child seat, you should see the failures for things stuck on windscreen. Do not blame the tester, they did not make the rules.

KneesUp

Guru
Out of interest how many times has it annoyed you?
Every time it's been the only advisory - I'd guess 5 or 6 times. I don't mean 'the government is driving the country into the abyss' level of annoyance, more annoyance of the 'I've forgotten why I've gone into the kitchen' level, and directed largely to myself because I've forgot to take the seat out again.

Why do you ask?

D

Deleted member 26715

Mine failed on a couple of tyres last year,
naughty naughty you should be checking those mind you it's funny how many don't I've seen cars come in for the MOT with the steel showing.

My Toyota Verso is now 15 years old with 160k miles on it.

This year is the first time I’ve had to fix something to get it through the MOT. A parking light bulb had gone and cost £1.50 to replace. :smile:

Apparently, from next year, if you have have a Japanese car you just get an MOT certificate sent in the post automatically each year. :whistle:

screenman

Legendary Member
Our second car is a 2006 Mazda 3 which if it had failed the test last week it would have been swapped, looks like it is here for another year.

Sharky

Guru
One year I took my car for it's MOT, with the bike in the back and cycled home while I waited.
It passed, but they told me they hadn't been able to check the rear seat belts because I had left the rear seats down. Surprised me a bit as I thought they would have just pulled the seats up if needed.

KneesUp

Guru
One year I took my car for it's MOT, with the bike in the back and cycled home while I waited.
It passed, but they told me they hadn't been able to check the rear seat belts because I had left the rear seats down. Surprised me a bit as I thought they would have just pulled the seats up if needed.
I failed one on the number plate being covered by the bike rack, which again, I assumed they would take off, or ignore given that they'd watched me take the bike and light-board off and then place them in the boot when I dropped it off.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member

I failed one on the number plate being covered by the bike rack, which again, I assumed they would take off, or ignore given that they'd watched me take the bike and light-board off and then place them in the boot when I dropped it off.

Isn't it great when you come across people who love their work

Top Bottom