MOT roulette.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Nowt major then.

Aye lad, £160 and a free retest. I'm taking it back on Monday for him. Its actually a pleasant little car once you get past the slug on quaaludes performance. I didn't appreciate being overtaken by a kid on a BMX during the drive home.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
That seems hellishly expensive

0.8 hours labour a side x 2 plus £16 x 2 for the parts, plus VAT. I checked the figures very carefully before phoning John. Having checked the labour times on ICME its absolutely spot on, and the labour harge of £64 an hour (x 1.6 hours plus VAT) is quite competitive for this part of Poshshire. Its a proper garage, not a Fred in a Shed, with a 2 year warranty on the job. My Dad was moaning at the weekend about his Volvo dealer charging £110 and hour plus VAT, so this is very reasonable.

They do the retest for free under any circumstances at this place. Its not one I ever use, I was just the courier. The coffee was nice.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

Aye lad, £160 and a free retest. I'm taking it back on Monday for him. Its actually a pleasant little car once you get past the slug on quaaludes performance. I didn't appreciate being overtaken by a kid on a BMX during the drive home.

This is the one from the Hyundai Getz I scrapped at the beginning of the year, I'd already brought its replacement, a nice 2011 Suzuki Swift, and the original plan was to sell the Getz for what I could get, in the end I got a hundred quid of the local scrap yard.

MOT CERT.jpg

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Missed it was both sides, thought only one side, but even so £64 +vodka is cringing.

15 years ago that would have been considered average around these parts. Today that's blummen bargain basement.

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 5076523, member: 45"]I remember the days when the tester would wink at you while handing you the certificate and saying "you will get that sorted won't you?".[/QUOTE]I look on the back seat when he drops the car off to see what I have to fit, for both fail & advisories

Jody

Stubborn git
[QUOTE 5076523, member: 45"]I remember the days when the tester would wink at you while handing you the certificate and saying "you will get that sorted won't you?".[/QUOTE]

They still do

Top Bottom