Motivation in the chill!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
i just get up and get on with it :biggrin: don't need more motivation, i sit there stuffing my self with porridge thinking about what a great achievement todays ride will be. will it be my longest ride, will it be the ride with the most climbing, will i get a KOM/how many strava PBs will i get???
Cheers Ed

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Layers is the key for me. Get the layers right and it doesn't matter too much what the weather is doing :thumbsup::
DSC00979.JPG

Just to add to this, Buffs (or their cheaper clones) are really useful things to have. Two will keep the chill off the head and neck in practically any winter weather.^_^

young Ed

Veteran
hardcore women, we need more like you! :tongue:
still in short sleeve cycling jersey and cycling shorts when it is dry or long sleeve base layers top and bottom under cycling shorts and short sleeve jersey if it raining
then again i am down in the sheltered south east
Cheers Ed

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
serious cycling women, happy now?
Cheers Ed
Not if you're including me in that category, no.;)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
:bicycle::angel:How do you all manage, if you do? to find the get up and go on a chilly weekend morning when all you want to do is snuggle in, read the papers, munch on a nice brekky then "footer about", lol, for the rest of the day?
Forecast for tomorrow up here not the best!
:cry:
How about going out later in the day when things should have warmed up a bit?

I set myself a mileage target on MyCyclingLog and am using that to motivate myself to get out when the weather isn't great. It was dreary, cool and windy here this afternoon but I forced myself to do 26 miles over the local hills. I am currently over 100 miles up on my target and want to keep it that way because cycling in November and December can be pretty tough if the weather turns nasty!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Like @ColinJ - I've mileage targets. I'm also hoping to complete the 2014 total target by the end of this month. :thumbsup:

The cooler weather means I don't get all hot / sweaty. Layers are important but otherwise it's up into the hills and ride *

* that's unless it's commuting, when it's 'over the hills and into work/home' .

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Like @ColinJ - I've mileage targets.

Also, the cooler weather means I don't get all hot / sweaty. Layers are important but otherwise it's up into the hills and ride *

* that's unless it's commuting, when it's 'over the hills and into work/home' .
I should hit my target this year, but without commuting miles I don't think I will ever hit the kind of numbers that some of you are doing. Maybe I could eventually ride 5,000 miles in a year without spending much more time on the bike because I am getting fitter and therefore faster.

Top Bottom