Motivation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveyM

Über Member
Where can I buy some?

for only £50 I will send you an envolope full. :whistle:

disclaimer: there will be nothing in the envelope just a lesson in life

roadracerash1

Motivation.... An important word that is unique to each individual person. What is YOUR reason to cycle? Find out what that reason is and try applying SMART goals. SMART- Specific Measurable Agreeable Realistic Time framed goals.

I'm not going to patronise you but heres my example. I'm a fairly competive cyclist. I see a new heart rate monitor on the market and I'm envying my mates who have that gizmo. I might set myself a target "To lose 4% body fat within lets say 6 months." It meets all those SMART principles. Obviously these goals are different for each person. You could break that goal down into parts or whatever. I'f i reach my goal I might reward myself with that new gizmo. Two birds with one stone kind of thing. I'm motivated to reach this goal which helps when relapses may occur. So why not try to set yourself goals and possibly think of rewards?

Crosstrailer

1.Join mycyclinglog.com
2. Apply to join the cycle chat group
3. Once application approved, declare open warfare on everyone within striking distance both above and below you. React in furious anger when someone puts a ride in that takes them past you in the rankings. Gloat to yourself when claiming said place back.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
1.Join mycyclinglog.com
2. Apply to join the cycle chat group
3. Once application approved, declare open warfare on everyone within striking distance both above and below you. React in furious anger when someone puts a ride in that takes them past you in the rankings. Gloat to yourself when claiming said place back.
Yes, I've found mycyclinglog to be good for motivation too, particularly when it gets me out and on the bike on those colder, grayer days. Though I tend to reserve my fury for on-road encounters.

defy-one

Fitness. (less asthma,less inhaler)
Weight loss (almost 2 stones)
Meeting some great people through social rides.
Self confidence soaring as weight comes off and new clothes are required.
Challenging targets like doing the london to brighton on the 4th Nov (6 months ago i could barely cover 6 miles,never mind 60)

Top Bottom