Motivation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doobiesis

Über Member
The tennis elbow has to do with how I am riding in that position. I was fitted to my bike but I did have an accident and my saddle got moved, maybe it'll be worth getting myself fitted back onto it again.

I've got an elbow support which I'm going to try out this weekend in the hope it helps. I longed for a road bike for a long time and thought it would improve my cycling - I didn't see this coming if I'm honest. Sorry OP I think I've hijacked your thread!

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I am not medically trained, but when I last got tennis elbow, it was because of too much use of my arm. Playing table tennis most lunchtimes, with squash and badminton two or three times a week each, in the evenings, took its toll.
If your elbow is being inflamed, or possibly more accurately, the tendons around the joint, that sounds to me like a fit problem. I can't imagine gripping too tightly would cause the inflammation and as it isn't an off roading MTB there isn't going to be lots of elbow flexing.
Does the bike feel comfortable when you just sit on it in your garage or wherever, or do you feel stretched, short, twisted etc? Also set the seat height, position and angle correctly. Again there are vids online inc Britsh Cycling.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I've only been back riding for 6 weeks or so after a 20 year break but I already get tetchy if something means I don't get out on my bike.
I cycle to get / keep fit and because I enjoy being out in the countryside, finding new routes and trying to improve my times on routes I know.
Motivation hasn't been an issue so far, even if the weather hasn't been great - if it starts to rain, you can only get so wet can't you?

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Lots of things motivate me to ride. I guess the one at the minute is the love of sitting at that sweet spot, the spot where your legs feel like coiled springs, where they're in such a rhythm you can't even feel them turning. Then you get on the drops, down one or two sprockets, power down, hear that whump whump whump from the wheels as they start to really turn and the smile on your face grows so big it is almost causing you a negative aerodynamic effect.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Lots of things motivate me to ride. I guess the one at the minute is the love of sitting at that sweet spot, the spot where your legs feel like coiled springs, where they're in such a rhythm you can't even feel them turning. Then you get on the drops, down one or two sprockets, power down, hear that whump whump whump from the wheels as they start to really turn and the smile on your face grows so big it is almost causing you a negative aerodynamic effect.
Sounds good..............I am still waiting on that feeling. :laugh:

Top Bottom