Motorbike and scooter owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cavalol

Cavalol

Guru

This got added to the 'fleet' quite recently. It's running a tuned 200 motor and is insane for what it is, to the point I don't actually like it because it just wants to go all all the time and isn't as easy to ride as my Li. It also has a 'Madness' spare wheel cover that needs binning ASAP.

Peugeotrider

Following on from the op...
I've had motorcycles for 20 years.
Started on a honda VT 250 f then a Suzuki gs500 followed by a cbx honda I kept until 2015,ten years of ownership on that bike and 30 k miles.
Kids came on the scene so I had no motorcycle until 2019 as I just hadn't time to spare but 18 months ago I acquired a honda XL 125 varadero and actually very taken with it.
Running cost is minimal,it's comfy and will sit at 60 all day long.
Planning to keep it long term.

keithmac

Guru
1981 CB900 next, don't think I've worked on a bike under 30 years old this week (apart from a diagnostics job).

Carbs stripped and cleaned, valve clearances etc.

Was a pain to balance up, ran like a dog when it came in, a bit of fettling and jobs a good un apart from some oil leaks left to fix.

20210708_120456.jpg

20210708_125430.jpg

CB750 in as well, sump leaks (bodged repair) and not charging (rotor failure), living the dream!.

20210707_111312.jpg

20210707_112450.jpg

OP
OP
Cavalol

Cavalol

Guru
The Superdream took a bit of a bashing from some people, but they were a brilliant bike. The ideal commuter as enough poke to get you round, light and easy enough to flick in/out of traffic, good on fuel and reliable. Ok, they weren't as fast or exciting as most 2T 250s, but by God they were a good all-rounder.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Just invested £129 (+ £12 for delivery) :ohmy: on a new rear tyre for my VFR800 VTec..
Seems a lot of money when you're semi retired; wouldn't have thought too much about it this time last year!
I did go for a Michelin Pilot Road 4 though. It is one of the more expensive tyres available, but have had good service from the current one so decided on like for like replacement. At the rate of miles I've been doing in recent years it will probably last a long time :smile:.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just invested £129 (+ £12 for delivery) :ohmy: on a new rear tyre for my VFR800 VTec..
Seems a lot of money when you're semi retired; wouldn't have thought too much about it this time last year!
I did go for a Michelin Pilot Road 4 though. It is one of the more expensive tyres available, but have had good service from the current one so decided on like for like replacement. At the rate of miles I've been doing in recent years it will probably last a long time :smile:.

Compared to a decent road bike tyre or an MTB tyre, that's very cheap for the amount of 'material' you get !

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The Superdream took a bit of a bashing from some people, but they were a brilliant bike. The ideal commuter as enough poke to get you round, light and easy enough to flick in/out of traffic, good on fuel and reliable. Ok, they weren't as fast or exciting as most 2T 250s, but by God they were a good all-rounder.
Yep my mate Graham bought one when the 125 law came in and they were being flogged off cheap by riders who'd not passed their tests, quite quick if you rode it like he did (don't brake if you can avoid doing so) but then Graham was 'old school' it was him who decried the myth that British bikes were best, load of old scrap iron he said apart from his Velocette (a Viper with a Venom cylinder and head fitted along with rearsets and clipons)

Gunk

Guru

Just replaced a pair on my BMW S1000R £330, the rears only last about 3000 miles

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Zephyr 1100 in classic Z1 colours for sale locally. I'm tempted to buy it just tolook at, but common sense says no.
Lovely! 1100 Zephyr was my dream bike in the 90s but I couldn't afford to insure one at the time. Also needed my bike for daily transport and the chrome wouldn't have lasted long in the winter salt.

Top Bottom