Motorbike and scooter owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cavalol

Cavalol

Guru
Thank God you're ok, Pumpkin the Robot. Could have been nasty that, I expect it was a bit of an ar*e twitching moment.

'Fleet' reduction has been a bit mixed here, one or two have gone (mostly boring, modern small bikes) but what precious little room is left has been getting filled again. This showed up for sale yesterday, about 60 odd miles away. Within a matter of a few short hours it was paid for, delivery arranged then it was dropped off. That's the 4th blue Suzuki here now, it joins the AP50 (A50P, to be exact), the TS185ER and the X7

1628971133856.png

it runs but will need a fair bit of work I think. Carbs will need to be cleaned and probably balanced, couple of local places or possibly a mate can do this for me as it's a bit beyond my skill set.

keithmac

Guru
A lad at a shop near us ended up under a car while test riding a bike (car drivers fault), he was in a real mess as you can imagine.

Even after recovering in hospital for month he couldn't do his original job, left a while later as they gave him a job in Parts Department but he couldn't get on with it.

He was (and still is) a lovely lad, polite and chatty. Same again someone else not concentrating on driving ruined his life basically.

When I ride a motorcycle I view everyone else as a potential accident waiting to happen, there's some really sh1t drivers about.

I've seen people still pull out of side streets even when you've made eye contact with them, no excuse at all for that!.

I watch the front wheels. Easy to see the car pulling out as soon as the wheels turn.

It must be nice having your son work with you. When I was 16 I bought an MTX50 rolling chasis and then got it working with my dad. I learnt a lot in the first few years of riding and building (and rebuilding) 2 stroke 50s and 125s with my dad.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
On a happier note my lad was de-crating and building new bikes Yesterday, said he really enjoyed it.

Love having him around the workshop, look forward to when he comes in as he's just so happy and enthusiastic.

We're giving WK's a go.

View attachment 604303
I really like those. The Heralds, Mash, WKs and the like are just what I was after. There was a Mash 500 (400cc) going a while back and it looked in great nick. Chap only wanted 1400 for it. But by the time I re-did the garage to make room, it was gone!

keithmac

Guru
I watch the front wheels. Easy to see the car pulling out as soon as the wheels turn.

It must be nice having your son work with you. When I was 16 I bought an MTX50 rolling chasis and then got it working with my dad. I learnt a lot in the first few years of riding and building (and rebuilding) 2 stroke 50s and 125s with my dad.

Yeh my first bike was an MT-5 years back, loved helping my lad build his own MT-5 over last couple if years, some quality dad time!.

He's got a year to wait until he can ride it on the road, it'll be a long year..

OP
OP
Cavalol

Cavalol

Guru
Totally agree, there's a whole 'body language' with cars and you can often tell the ones who either aren't going to stop at a junction, or will end up a couple of foot over the line. As a cyclist or biker, it's horrible observing people do this.

keithmac

Guru
This was even worse, how anyone would ride a motorcycle where the throttle is practically seized solid is anyones guess.

First time for everything, never seen one this bad before.

Gunk

Guru
I’ve ridden an 1199 Panigale and was brutally fast, the riding position is extreme and the power is just on or off, it was an experience to ride but not my cup of tea.

But who on earth puts cheapo R&G stickers on an exotic Italian superbike, you need to have words @keithmac

keithmac

Guru
Not my cup of tea either, I just get lumbered with them when the electronics throw a wobbly!.

Took a while but I finally found the R&G sticker:laugh:.

keithmac

Guru
We had a £36k Panigale V4R in for a while, same again absolutely stunning motorcycle but sounded like the engine was going to explode at any minute when running!.

Aprilia Tuono V4's same again, first time I worked on one I was sure it was mechanically knackered (unlikely at 500 Miles mind).

Top Bottom