Motorbike and scooter owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cavalol

Guru
Any fellow two wheeled motorists on here?
I started out on a Honda C70 of all things in 1981, then progressed to such wonders as a KH125, a handful of KH25Os, a GT380 and quite a few others.
Children came along, indeed my GT380 was sold to fund a car when we found out my missus was pregnant with our first child. After that there was the odd bike (including a GL1000 made into a low rider) but most weren't kept long due to not bring used.

Got into scooters about 8 years ago, then more recently things started mounting up as they do:

There's been a few more this year, but most went to be replaced by others or just for the garage space. The Lambretta, Scomadi, Lifan electric scooter and the 750/4 chopper are hopefully keepers.

D

Deleted member 26715

This is my current one, but the memory is not good enough to remember all the ones I've had over the last 50 years, which started with a James Comet, with a 125cc Villiers engine & girder front folks.

Edit:- Actually I think the Villiers was only 97cc but can't remember I was only about 13 at the time.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I’ve had a few bikes over the years, and so has the Fragrant MrsP.
  1. 1974 Suzuki GT125
  2. Yamaha XS 850
  3. Honda XT500
  4. Honda Pan European ST 1100
  5. BMW F650 CS
  6. Kawasaki Z750
  7. Triumph Tiger 1050
Then cycling got in the way and nothing for years then the Fragrant MrsP bought a Honda PCX for the commute, which we share.

D

Deleted member 26715

Honda SS50
Yamaha RD200
Triumph 650 Bonneville
Yamaha RD250
Suzuki RV125
Honda CB400 Super Dream
Yamaha DT175
Yamaha DT250
Suzuki GT250
Kawasaki 250 Custom
Kawasaki 400 twin
Suzuki GSX550ES
Yamaha Super Tenere
Honda Fireblade 918
Honda VTR 1000
Honda Fireblade 954
Honda VFR800
BMW R1200GS

Pretty sure there are others that I can't remember

screenman

Legendary Member
This is my current one, but the memory is not good enough to remember all the ones I've had over the last 50 years, which started with a James Comet, with a 125cc Villiers engine & girder front folks.

View attachment 490014

Edit:- Actually I think the Villiers was only 97cc but can't remember I was only about 13 at the time.

That could be me you are writing about, also my last bike sold only a few years back was a R850R

raleighnut

Legendary Member
This is the bike i had previous to the XSR, i was on it when this happened a couple of years ago.

View attachment 490030
Whoops.

Smudge

Veteran
Good God, that looks scary, Smudge. Nothing (of you) seriously broken or hurt, I hope?

Coach reversed at speed into me and pushed me backwards up the road, i managed to bail out and threw myself to the other side of the road just before the bike went under the back of the coach. Amazingly i wasn't hurt at all.
Had witnesses that saw it all and coach companies insurance paid me out.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
This is the bike i had previous to the XSR, i was on it when this happened a couple of years ago.

View attachment 490030
Coach reversed at speed into me and pushed me backwards up the road, i managed to bail out and threw myself to the other side of the road just before the bike went under the back of the coach. Amazingly i wasn't hurt at all.
Had witnesses that saw it all and coach companies insurance paid me out.

fur kin ‘ell!

Smudge

Veteran
You did better than me, 20mph crash I ended up with a fractured left tibia, fractured left fibula & compound fracture of my left femur, my left foot has never pointed right direction since, I have 15" pin inside my left femur & my left hip sometimes locks.

I've had a few offs in the 45 years i've been riding motorcycles, but never been hurt really bad. I've been pretty lucky i guess, especially for my younger days when i rode like a bit of a tw@t.

Top Bottom