Motorbike incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twigman

As a motorcyclist, do you know any of your fraternity who think it's fun to deliberately scare the s**t out cyclists by passing close to them at high speed with 120+ decibel exhausts?

I have never met anyone who would do such a thing deliberately. Perhaps you have a scewed perception of what is going on here?

Twigman

Why, do you ride like a bellend?

In my opinion I don't
In your's? Possibly

Twigman

......, so that excessive speed and loud exhausts are their god-given right. Like boy racers, they always like to see what effect they have,
I admit I ride fast.
yes, my bike has a loud exhaust.

but

wtf does they always like to see what effect they have, mean?

On a motorcycle there's no time to worry about what's gone past, you are always focussed on the next bend, the next side road, the next hazard, the next overtake.........

Twigman

You are saying you are the type of motorcyclist who would cut up a cyclist at 3-4 times their speed for a laugh?

You sound delightful.

Define cut up.
I would happily overtake a cyclist at 5-6 times their speed.

What of it?

Twigman

This is known as "stealth bombing" by a few bikers who get some enjoyment from roaring at high speeed past other road users, particularly dozy car drivers, in an attempt to scare them *hitless.

Really?
In 30 years of riding sportsbikes I've never ever heard the term.
Would you divulge your source? Or have you just made that upi?

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
One sunny sunday morning out cycling i could hear two motorbikes in the distance, loud things as they were winding their way round the hills you could hear the engine noise bouncing around. Imagine my suprise when at the next turn where i thought two motorbikes would be instead were two cyclists...

naturally the motorbikes passed me at the next turn and doing something close to mach 3.0 to boot!

Oldbloke

Guru
Really?
In 30 years of riding sportsbikes I've never ever heard the term.
Would you divulge your source? Or have you just made that upi?

This was regularly referred to and discussed in bike magazines in the '90s & 00s "Bike" was one source.

I've no idea if it still is as I'm no longer riding sports bikes,and no, I don't make up nonsense just for the fun of it.

Don't bother with any more pathetic remarks like that, thanks.

Twigman

This was regularly referred to and discussed in bike magazines in the '90s & 00s "Bike" was one source.
Really? I subscribed to that mag for around 12 years (it is one of the more grown up and sensible bike mags) through the 90s and beyond. I never ever read that term.
I also read some of the less 'responsible' bike mags of the period 'Performance Bike' , 'fast Bike' etc that perhaps appealed to the more lairy biker but never once read of the practice of 'stealth bombing'.
Don't bother with any more pathetic remarks like that, thanks.
I'll make whatever remarks I see fit.
I still believe you are making it up.

BSRU

A Human Being
Really? I subscribed to that mag for around 12 years (it is one of the more grown up and sensible bike mags) through the 90s and beyond. I never ever read that term.
I also read some of the less 'responsible' bike mags of the period 'Performance Bike' , 'fast Bike' etc that perhaps appealed to the more lairy biker but never once read of the practice of 'stealth bombing'.

In my days on motorised two wheels before changing to human powered two wheels, I never heard/read the term either or ever had another biker mention any such practice.

cd365

Guru
I'm a motorcyclist and I have also never heard the term stealth bombing.

My boss does motorcycle instructing and he was only explaining yesterday how they train motorcylists that when you overtake a cyclist you should always move to the other side of the road, i.e. cross the whiteline, if it is not safe to do so then you shouldn't overtake.

So the motorcyclist that the OP was referring to was just a numpty and not indicitave of all motorcyclists.

Top Bottom