Motorbikes riders pretending to pedal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maylian

Veteran
So, I saw a TikTok the other day (presumably in the US / Australia since it was sunny) of bikers pretending to pedal whilst they overtake suggesting it winds up cyclists. I thought it a bit odd as I've not come across it at all here, until cycling home on Friday a couple of guys did it to me as they overtook.

Are other people noticing this, is it just younger bikers that are doing this and growing the trend?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Who on earth would be annoyed by that?
Most people in UK cycle out of choice not necessity.

OP
OP
Maylian

Maylian

Veteran
Who on earth would be annoyed by that?
Most people in UK cycle out of choice not necessity.

Yeah, who knows what goes through their minds. I agree, and typically when I'm driving I've got nothing but respect seeing a cyclist power up a hill.

I think I was annoyed that they couldn't be original

AndyRM

XOXO
That's what you get for watching TikTok....
As a motorbiker, it's not something I have ever seen or even heard of. Winding up car drivers, yes, but not cyclists.
Some people will do anything if it means a few "likes" on social media though.

Of all the social media platforms out there, TikTok is the one I have the least time for.

If it does get banned (or at least sold by its parent company so it can continue to operate) in the US I'd laugh.

I also like the fella on Dragon's Den who seems to think that the answer for selling everything is to whack it on TikTok.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have not experienced this behaviour, but it wouldn't annoy me. I would wonder though of the mental age of the twits who think it is funny, clever or spontaneous. Now its been done on social mejia it's old hat.

Top Bottom