motorised doping?!

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by iLB, 19 May 2010.

1. iLB

iLB Hello there

surely not... link

2. montage

montage God Almighty

I know at track races that bikes are weighed pre-race. Surely the same is done these races?

3. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

The kit (at least the legit version) weighs 1.9kg. Where the hell are you going to hide the battery? And everyone would be complicit, from the frame maker down to the team mechanics. Rider + dodgy doctor with the team management turning a blind eye makes sense, but mechanical cheating is on a whole different level.

4. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

I heard that Vino during his 2 year ban had prosthetic knees fitted with integral motors.
    I know it's true cos a fat bloke down the pub told me.

5. johnnyh

johnnyh Veteran

the helmets are in fact solar panels!!!;)

6. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Of course! Battery in bottle, contact on the side of the bottle and the bottle cage. So obvious.... We just need to find riders who complete the entire race with the same bottle...

7. psmiffy

psmiffy -

At least there is some evidence it exists - but I still think that they should sue

8. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Sue who?

9. psmiffy

psmiffy -

Whoever it was that started this baseless rumour - although on reading the link in the OP I did have to check that I was in the right month and the date - then I went to bed

10. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

But who is going to sue this unknown person, and for what? Tell you what, how about all the riders throw a few quid into a cap and then sue Landis?

11. heliphil

heliphil Über Member

surely its not just me thats thought of the most obvious place.....:wacko:

12. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Right then, who has a big arse and is sitting uncomfortably?

13. heliphil

heliphil Über Member

blunt and to the point Chuffy - but that's what I meant !!!!

14. gavintc

gavintc Guru

I must admit I did check the link for the date as I was convinced it was a recycled Apr 1 link. Remarkable and interesting all in one. So that is what is powering Basso to such a remarkable stage win.

15. kennykool

kennykool Well-Known Member

I want a bike that does this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice