motorised doping?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maurice

Surprisingly that footage look more convincing than I was expecting!

Perhaps he's making sure he doesn't get beaten by Conti in the Tour de France TT's this time.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
jpembroke said:
let's face it: this is b******s, isn't it?

that would be my gut reaction but it has an appeal to riders like me, ie the old, fat and slow:biggrin:

If it's technologically feasible then it's been done, in a proper race though? no idea. But it is another way to provide that certain cyclist with that important boost at the right time.

raindog

er.....
The UCI have said there will be no investigation into the Cancellera affair and we will never know whether one of these bikes has been used to race with or not. But unlike the use of peds it's pretty easy to check if someone has a motor on their bike and a screening procedure has been put in place so I reckon the whole thing will now just fizzle out, and that's probably for the best.

gavintc

Guru
I am left deeply sceptical. On one side, I do not want to believe it and just hope that the top riders are not adding mechanical advantages. But, on the other hand I know what an attraction a win can be for some. We do not have medical doping for nothing. There are some very strong incentives out there.

As raindog has suggested, it is easy to check for and apply (hopefully) simple scrutineering measures. But, a team doing this implicates the whole team; management, riders and mechanics. With medical doping a team can claim to be innocent and state it is simply a rogue rider.

Crankarm

Guru

jpembroke

So, who's going to get some 'Spartacus is innocent' t-shirts printed then?

Steaming pile of ******g horse**** made up by a bunch of lazy ******g t***s.

That's what I reckon.

raindog

er.....
Just been on the phone with a mate who tells me there was a two page spread in l'Equipe yesterday. One suggestion was that there was no button on the bike, but the motor was controlled with a remote controll from the team car. We've been falling about laughing imagining the system being started up or stopped at the wrong moment.B)

bikepete

Guru
Crankarm said:
Cancellara,

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/cancellara-rubbishes-motorised-bike-claims-26393

It's frankly absurd. The people who've made this thing are desperate for publicity as perhaps they have spent a lot of money producing it and sales aren't going too well. Slandering, accusing Cancellara of cheating is really low. The video and audio footage they present could easily have been knocked up or doctored by them.

That seems to me an unfounded and possibly libellous insult to the people at Gruber Assist. Nobody is seriously suggesting that it is their actual kit being used - too noisy for a start.

I've actually met them at the Eurobike trade shows and like most small cycling companies they're basically enthusiast engineering types.

They are probably mortified that their concept has been linked to this episode.

If you are an unscrupulous business mogul ruthless enough to smear an athlete for PR you'd be working for a more lucrative business than one making obscure bike parts.

Top Bottom