motorised doping?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
this looks pretty convincing - watch right to the end

http://www.electricbikemag.net/showStory.php?storynum=14

bobbyp

That video doesn't show where they thought the battery was. A battery that can produce over 400W for any useful amount of time is not going to be very easy to hide....

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I couldn't get that embedded video to work, but here's the original on YouTube.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nd13ARuvVE

The Cancellara footage and argument is quite convincing when you see the slowed-down sections, especially for the second race. It's the combination of acceleration without significant apparent change in effort with the wierd hand movements. The noise of the motor would not be able to be heard over the motorbikes and the crowds - and I notice that the accelerations both occured on very noisy sections.

Although it is still not much more than speculation, I am starting to get a bad feeling about this.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Flying_Monkey said:
I couldn't get that embedded video to work, but here's the original on YouTube.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nd13ARuvVE

The Cancellara footage and argument is quite convincing when you see the slowed-down sections, especially for the second race. It's the combination of acceleration without significant apparent change in effort with the wierd hand movements. The noise of the motor would not be able to be heard over the motorbikes and the crowds - and I notice that the accelerations both occured on very noisy sections.

Although it is still not much more than speculation, I am starting to get a bad feeling about this.

say it aint so, but I agree the second bit of footage looked remarkable. Just after he started to accelerate away they hit a bend with that sort of sttep inner curve. He rode that line effortlessly and continued to accelerate.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It seems too far fetched but maybe not. I remember spouting off down the pub after Flanders that Cancellara must be on something but I never expected it to be lithium batteries!

Crankarm

Guru
It's a spoof. The people who are pushing this obviously crazy scurrilous slander want to discredit Cancellara and publicity for their little labour saving device. Cue Cancellara's lawyers suing.

raindog

er.....
Watched it again this morning with a mate, and on the helicopter shot where he accelerates away from 3 or 4 riders it looks almost comical, as if he's on a moped or something. Don't see how this could ever be proved though. Would be interesting to look at the bike though to see if there are extra holes at the bottom of the seat tube where the drive shaft with the bevel gear might have been blocked. Got to be a way of checking surely? Probably too late now.

Top Bottom