Motorised pollution mask?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
How about some glasses with a motor that creates an airflow to reduce pollen particles getting into the eyes and nose?

kynikos

Veteran
More air required uphill.............slower crank speed.
I can see you're not an engineer ^_^ Easily solved by routing the air supply via a tilt valve attached to the crossbar - full flow when at an angle of 45 degrees to the horizontal and falling gradually as as the angle reduces.

classic33

Leg End Member
I can see you're not an engineer ^_^ Easily solved by routing the air supply via a tilt valve attached to the crossbar - full flow when at an angle of 45 degrees to the horizontal and falling gradually as as the angle reduces.
You've to lean forward on some inclines round these parts.

colly

Re member eR
It's been done before:

320px-British_navy_frogman.jpg
OK so a bit of tinkering with the design needed , especially the shoes, and maybe a slight weight penalty but....

Globalti

Legendary Member
Instead of designing a mask for the inlet end, why not help Humanity by designing an extractor for the outlet end? There's nothing worse than the under-duvet consequences of eating beans or drinking beer and I've often wondered if I could build a bottom extractor for the bedroom. It would need a soft vinyl hose about 2" diameter with a harness that keeps it close to the bottom and a small 12v fan at the outlet, which you could hang out of the window. The fan could be the same as are used for cooling computers, virtually silent and powerful enough to produce a steady area of low pressure in the pelvic region under the duvet. It might save many a relationship.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I can't see it working. The amount of air circulated by someone exercising will soon cause any mask to be soggy. Plus they mostly dont work after one use (see posts above)

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
How about a little turbine that mounts on the handlebars and measures the relative wind speed then sends that via bluetooth to a GPS or phone. You know how many cyclists like data?.

Lot's of stuff to get your teeth into with that.

Top Bottom