Motorised pollution mask?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
You say that it needs to have an electrical/mechanic element to satisfy the assignment question? It sounds a bit like you are trying to lever this element in to a device which doesn't really lend itself to a mechanical design.

What I mean is, from what others have said about various types of filtration and the fact that everyone's face is a different size and shape, it sounds a bit extravagant. Or instead of a mask, perhaps a tube and mouthpiece that seals over the mouth to only let the filtered air in? Easier to seal a mouth than it is a whole face I would think.

classic33

Leg End Member
You say that it needs to have an electrical/mechanic element to satisfy the assignment question? It sounds a bit like you are trying to lever this element in to a device which doesn't really lend itself to a mechanical design.

What I mean is, from what others have said about various types of filtration and the fact that everyone's face is a different size and shape, it sounds a bit extravagant. Or instead of a mask, perhaps a tube and mouthpiece that seals over the mouth to only let the filtered air in? Easier to seal a mouth than it is a whole face I would think.
Scott make similar. The face is covered, totally. With either an airflow delivered to the face mask, or down over the eyes, nose and mouth.

The filter and power unit are mounted on your back.

KneesUp

Guru

I've made a blue print of your design.

48098392696_fd54a51b34_z.jpg

KneesUp

Guru
How about rotating the fan through 135 degrees anti-clockwise and blowing the dirty air away, thus saving on the filter, snorkel and expanding foam?
Thing is I've bought the foam now, and the seal really likes it - he's so taken with it, in fact, that he's balancing it on his nose and asking for fish.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Speaking as a spectacles wearer, wipers would be good too.

Having worn glasses since I was 7, until I developed cataracts, rain was something which always annoyed me and wipers on glasses was something I had always wanted. If memory serves, I saw Timmy Mallett wearing a pair.

OP
OP
C

CBY-31

Regular
Thank you for sharing that link however it is both too big and much more expensive than what i am trying to do

classic33

Leg End Member
Thank you for sharing that link however it is both too big and much more expensive than what i am trying to do
There are smaller versions, but that one is desingned for all day running from the one charge. Also has to meet strict requirements forr its use.

I've a similar one measuring 6' X 7' X 4', which holds everything. The "Search Results" gives a link to similar items. As does the "Scott" one given earlier.

OP
OP
C

CBY-31

Regular
Does anyone think adding led's would be a good idea for visibility? these LED's would be on a separate switch and if necessary a separate battery pack

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
What will happen when the battery or fan suddenly fails? Will the rider pass out causing them to run over passing small children and dogs?

Tiger10

Über Member
Incorporated into a tt style helmet it can have integral battery. Suck air in through filter and then down front of visor job sorted and you would have a speed advantage.

Sorry predictive text.

Last edited:
Top Bottom