Motorised pollution mask?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
@CBY-31, is this the sort of thing you're thinking of?
61uYXjHbtCL._SX425_.jpg

BETOWEY N95 mask

OP
OP
C

CBY-31

Regular
C'mon guys!

I feel you are not taking this seriously.
The lad needs input.

:biggrin:
THANK YOU

OP
OP
C

CBY-31

Regular
You say that it needs to have an electrical/mechanic element to satisfy the assignment question? It sounds a bit like you are trying to lever this element in to a device which doesn't really lend itself to a mechanical design.

What I mean is, from what others have said about various types of filtration and the fact that everyone's face is a different size and shape, it sounds a bit extravagant. Or instead of a mask, perhaps a tube and mouthpiece that seals over the mouth to only let the filtered air in? Easier to seal a mouth than it is a whole face I would think.
Thank you for this feedback, currently i have no permanent design so i am considering this idea

OP
OP
C

CBY-31

Regular
Please can you comment ideal requirements for my design idea as i need that as part of my coursework, it would be much appreciated.
please try to avoid leaving silly requirements no matter how funny, thank you.

classic33

Leg End Member
@CBY-31, the first one pictured you said was too big, and you gave cost as a factor. Is the second one pictured more the size/style you're interested in?

Choice of the first one was down to you mentioning hay fever. I'm assuming it would also affect the eyes. You'll have noticed there's only the one fan, drawing air in, in both designs(Either end of the scale).

OP
OP
C

CBY-31

Regular
@classic33
The second one pictured is more like what i thinking, I have taken into consideration the effect of pollen on the eyes and have decided to add eye protection to prevent pollen, flies and rain getting into the eyes. i am also looking into a wiper so the user's vision remains unimpaired in the rain however this maybe discarded if people think it is an unnecessary addition. Thank you for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom