motorist jailed for cyclist death.....DISGUSTING

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ellis456

20 weeks after taking a life, indeed discusting, r.i.p fella.

lukesdad

As one of the commenters posted the cyclist must have gone through a red as well ?

Doesn t excuse the defendent but there plain to see is the risk of running a red light.

Origamist

Legendary Member
As one of the commenters posted the cyclist must have gone through a red as well ?

Doesn t excuse the defendent but there plain to see is the risk of running a red light.

It was established that the driver, Brian Creasey had jumped the light:

Jailing Creasey, Judge Knowles told him: “You took a risk as you knew the light was changing to red, as it did one-and-a-half seconds before you crossed the line

Please don't spread misinformation about the incident on the basis of some pissy speculation in the comments section.

al78

Guru

Please don't spread misinformation about the incident on the basis of some pissy speculation in the comments section.

I guess the speculation is because there is normally a delay of much more than a second and a half between the lights going red for one traffic flow and changing to green for another.

jansman

Regular

No one should run reds full stop. However,had the collision been between 2 cars, I suspect it would have just been an insurance claim.

400bhp

Guru
Not being close to such incidents I'm not sure I want to see someone dumped in prison for a large amount of time for making a terrible mistake. :shrug:

Difficult one, and all we have to go off is a short newspaper story, in particular the character of the individual.

400bhp

Guru
No one should run reds full stop. However,had the collision been between 2 cars, I suspect it would have just been an insurance claim.

Impossible to determine, even more so without knowing the speed/types of vehicles involved.

lukesdad

That was never in question.

I ll post as I see fit thanks. Who do you think you are ? The CC censor. :angry:

chris grace

Not being close to such incidents I'm not sure I want to see someone dumped in prison for a large amount of time for making a terrible mistake. :shrug:

Difficult one, and all we have to go off is a short newspaper story, in particular the character of the individual.

It may have been a mistake ,but that doesn't make the deceased's family feel any better.

400bhp

Guru
Agreed.

It all comes down to what you perceive to be a suffucient punishment/deterrant/protective societal measure.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Everyone makes mistakes and 99 times out of 100 nothing serious occurs. As a 40,000 mile a year cyclist/motorcyclist/car and lorry driver, I've seen it all.

One thing my driving instructor asked me 20 years ago has always stuck with me.....so much so that it's on my profile.

What does a green traffic light mean. Go? Go if it's clear?

Nope, a green traffic light means that the green bulb is working, nothing more.

Trust no-one!

machew

Veteran
And yet in Birmingham three men are charged with murder after a fatal hit and run during the riots

Zoiders

I never ever rely on just the lights to stop traffic, it's an arbitrary arrangement that not everyone follows. Trust your eyes, not the lights, the lights mean sweet FA, they are not a positive confirmation of it being safe to cross a junction.

The driver was stupid, the cyclist took the word of the lights.

It's not murder it's a series of unfortunate events.

Top Bottom