Motorists could face £100 fine for driving too close to cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'll be thinking about this new law when I'm driving home among all the mobile users, speeders, and red light jumpers. Or maybe next week when I go up the M1 and see the loonies emergency braking when they see the gantry speed camera signs.

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
In essence it sounds good, but unworkable and can be filed along with dog fouling, mobile phone while driving and in a lot of cases I see speeding ..
There's a need for police to start being visible on the streets .. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a bobby on the beat where I live ..
But can guarantee next time my dog poops and I forget my poop bag one will appear from nowhere .. ^_^

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
In essence it sounds good, but unworkable and can be filed along with dog fouling, mobile phone while driving and in a lot of cases I see speeding ..
There's a need for police to start being visible on the streets .. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a bobby on the beat where I live ..
But can guarantee next time my dog poops and I forget my poop bag one will appear from nowhere .. ^_^
Dog shoot has been decriminalised in most places, so it'll be a dog warden (often a parking officer, street cleaner, beach warden, ranger or orderly doing double-duty) that fines you.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Another law that will be wasted due to insufficient police vehicles on the roads. I still see loads of drivers texting and phoning despite the new penalty.

D

Deleted member 26715

But does society want to pay for extra Police?

Lonestar

Veteran
About as useful as a chocolate teapot...At the moment.

Fonze

Dog shoot has been decriminalised in most places, so it'll be a dog warden (often a parking officer, street cleaner, beach warden, ranger or orderly doing double-duty) that fines you.

Really ?
I honestly can't say I've ever seen such a person .. unless they are dressed undercover ..

Smudge

Veteran
Really ?
I honestly can't say I've ever seen such a person .. unless they are dressed undercover ..

We have a dog warden that visits the local parks in my town. If she sees anyone not picking up their dogs crap, she'll hand out a £100 fine. But her visits to my local park are so few & far between, that its rare for anyone to get caught.
I'm always seeing piles of dog shoot left, when walking my dog.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Really ?
Shortly after the councils took over the fining, the local one got rid of the person responsible for handing out the fines.

Fonze

Yeah seeing all the dog doo lying around is just plain ignorant, we buy bags like nappy waste bags cost a pound for hundred, it's nothing to just pick up, but kids playing then stand all in it .. mine used to over the main field and it's just disgusting ..
I suppose they get untold abuse as well so for some probably not worth the hassle ..

Top Bottom