Motorists should be allowed to eliminate cyclists. R Henshaw, Liskeard.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
https://twitter.com/PlymouthCTC/status/455704408912068610/photo/1

BlL8voxIMAAvRIG.jpg

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Wow. Is that person for real? What a horrible person.

jarlrmai

Veteran
1st paragraph, we already are subject to the laws of the road.
2nd Badly phrased, but seems to realise that its a minority...
3rd We are liable for fines, bike registrations is not needed and would be impossible to enforce.
4th WTF..... oh but its "just a joke" (like on Top Gear) (also incorrect use of AKA, I think you meant à la)

5/10

Replace cyclists with <another minority group> and see how the same letter reads.

Dmcd33

I'm imagining he's not the happiest bunny in the world?

I started a thread a while back asking "why do some people hate cyclists so much (or disproportionately)

This is exactly what I mean.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
It's a good job you never see drivers speeding, on phones, stuffing their fat faces, dribbling etc (oh and killing/ injuring thousands of people a year) otherwise Mr/Mrs Henshaw's letter might been seen as cobblers!

jarlrmai

Veteran
Probably someone in primary.

Dmcd33

On second thought, the Herald newspapers website will get a lot more hits for this. Makes sense now.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's clearly tongue in cheek but he's right; any cyclist who uses the public road should consider themselves a road user and abide by the Highway Code. Go somewhere like Lagos to see the anarchy and death that results when individuals think they are above the law.

I stop at lights, signal and obey the same rules on my bike as I do in my car; why should there be any difference?

400bhp

Guru
It's clearly tongue in cheek but he's right; any cyclist who uses the public road should consider themselves a road user and abide by the Highway Code. Go somewhere like Lagos to see the anarchy and death that results when individuals think they are above the law.

I stop at lights, signal and obey the same rules on my bike as I do in my car; why should there be any difference?

You never do more than 30 in a 30, or 20 in a 20 on the bike then?

Top Bottom