Motorola Jersey/Jacket

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Richard A Thackeray, 21 Mar 2018.

Tags:
  1. Not really......

Many years ago, when Allens Cycles, of Barnsley, were still in business (they still maybe??), they also ran the 'Cycle Promotions' sales

Some of you may remember the ones?
    They took over a Sports Centre/Village Hall/School Gymnasium on a Sunday morning to sell all kinds of stock (old/new/surplus)

Once I bought a Motorola jacket from them, one of those odd items that were seemingly made out of a type of 'sponge'
    It was the classic Red/Blue colours............but............... with no logos/writing on it

I had it for a few years, I think it got lost during a house-move/pre move sort-out)
    I saw someone wearing a Motorola jersey a couple of weeks ago, on one of the warmer pre 'Beast' weekends, & got to thinking, that I'd like another one

So, has anyone seen any of this type of jacket/long-sleeve jersey on sale anywhere??

These colours.......... for the youngsters.........
    96_dupont_yates_laugh.jpg

Thankyou in advance

2. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

All very well but have you got the figure for it?

3. wuverley

wuverley Member

No. But I've got a jersey like that. Only smaller, Sean is a bit bigger than me.

4. postman

postman Legendary Member

Now then.Way back in 1990 i started a works cycle team.We held a competition to design a jersey,Well my design was based on this Motorola top.Endura up in Scotland made up our order,which included jersey,thermal jacket,bib shorts and bib longs.Now i don't have any photos of the full kit,due to a virus attacking our previous computer and i lost all my photos,but here is my top.

Richard A Thackeray likes this.
  5. Sort of. but not the veined legs

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice