Motorola Jersey/Jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not really......

Many years ago, when Allens Cycles, of Barnsley, were still in business (they still maybe??), they also ran the 'Cycle Promotions' sales

Some of you may remember the ones?
They took over a Sports Centre/Village Hall/School Gymnasium on a Sunday morning to sell all kinds of stock (old/new/surplus)

Once I bought a Motorola jacket from them, one of those odd items that were seemingly made out of a type of 'sponge'
It was the classic Red/Blue colours............but............... with no logos/writing on it

I had it for a few years, I think it got lost during a house-move/pre move sort-out)
I saw someone wearing a Motorola jersey a couple of weeks ago, on one of the warmer pre 'Beast' weekends, & got to thinking, that I'd like another one

So, has anyone seen any of this type of jacket/long-sleeve jersey on sale anywhere??

These colours.......... for the youngsters.........
96_dupont_yates_laugh.jpg

Thankyou in advance

Globalti

Legendary Member
All very well but have you got the figure for it?

postman

Legendary Member
Now then.Way back in 1990 i started a works cycle team.We held a competition to design a jersey,Well my design was based on this Motorola top.Endura up in Scotland made up our order,which included jersey,thermal jacket,bib shorts and bib longs.Now i don't have any photos of the full kit,due to a virus attacking our previous computer and i lost all my photos,but here is my top.

DRM

Guru
I would hazard a guess that obtaining such a jersey will be impossible, it sounds like an item with a manufacturing fault, that was sold off to reduce the cost of wastage, I know that a local to us company used to do this regularly & was a great source of sports kit for peanuts for the kids, selling off samples & manufacturing faulty items.
I think prendas is the best bet, but it will have logos

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I would hazard a guess that obtaining such a jersey will be impossible, it sounds like an item with a manufacturing fault, that was sold off to reduce the cost of wastage, I know that a local to us company used to do this regularly & was a great source of sports kit for peanuts for the kids, selling off samples & manufacturing faulty items.

Yes I agree, team colours without sponsors logos says either "manufacturing defect" or it could have been an initial trial print to check colour tone, and probably unique or close to it. I had a Systeme U jacket in that "foam" material which was missing sponsor details and I got that for something like £10 in a bargain bin as opposed to about 70 for a correct one.

Yes I agree, team colours without sponsors logos says either "manufacturing defect" or it could have been an initial trial print to check colour tone, and probably unique or close to it. I had a Systeme U jacket in that "foam" material which was missing sponsor details and I got that for something like £10 in a bargain bin as opposed to about 70 for a correct one.

Probably so, as I too remember the 'foam' jackets, having had a couple in the early 90's
(& regretting it, in heavy rain, when they lived up to that description)

Yes, they were probably trial-runs that Cycling Promotions bought from whatever company at the time

Top Bottom