Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlesF

Guru
To change the subject, I have been watching “Race Bubba Wallace”. Initially because I remembered reading about the furrow he caused in 2020.

I had only read headlines, but decided to watch. Besides the racial aspect with is heartbreaking and uplifting at the same time; seeing how NASCAR works is fascinating.

D

Deleted member 26715

Initially because I remembered reading about the furrow he caused in 2020.

I know NASCAR is a bit agricultural but to call them tractors is a bit much.

To be serious I know nothing of this, so where have you been watching? but if it's about a black driver in the Redneck states I'm not surprised racism is involved

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Late Model Stock Cars might be well basic compared to an F1 car - spaceframe chassis, large V8 (not entirely au-fait what NASCAR are running these days), basic 4-speed gearbox - but they don't half require a great deal of finesse to drive quickly. There's way more power than grip, you're running door-to-door and nose-to-tail, and mistakes tend to be... big.

OTOH when there's a full grid of them heading straight towards you full bore, it's one of the real experiences of motor racing. You can feel that right in your bones. Utterly visceral...

CharlesF

Guru
I know NASCAR is a bit agricultural but to call them tractors is a bit much.

To be serious I know nothing of this, so where have you been watching? but if it's about a black driver in the Redneck states I'm not surprised racism is involved
Tiresome predictive text! 🤢 Of course I meant “furore” but Auntie Apple knows best.

It’s on Netflix and called Race Bubba Wallace.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
FB_IMG_1654786765206.jpg

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
He died at a racing circuit and not at the Isle of Man .

Incorrect.
He died on a road circuit at Tallin, Estonia. It wasn't a racing circuit.

Last edited:
Well that was a bit boring GP. Apart from 2 cars having their problems you could discount the first 3 cars in my opinion . There was more action going on with the older drivers . I thought Lewis put on a good show despite his car bouncing up and down badly. I thought Vettel did a pretty good job and so did Riciardo and Norris.
Verstappen has got it easy. There isn't anyone to challenge him , not even his team mate !:angry:

D

Deleted member 1258

Well that was a bit boring GP. Apart from 2 cars having their problems you could discount the first 3 cars in my opinion . There was more action going on with the older drivers . I thought Lewis put on a good show despite his car bouncing up and down badly. I thought Vettel did a pretty good job and so did Riciardo and Norris.
Verstappen has got it easy. There isn't anyone to challenge him , not even his team mate !:angry:

Verstappen's team mate wasn't allowed to challenge him.:sad:

Top Bottom