Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
I watched Saloon Car racing as a youngster with my dad , then watched quite a bit during the glory years. After that it seemed to have a grid half full of no hopers and filled with silly gimmicks to help the show. F1 is going in that direction now sadly.

That's harsh, IMHO...

Yes, a decade ago, I'd have agreed with you when it came to the BTCC, but not now. Especially since there are no more "big name" drivers as there had been in the Supertouring era. This year the quality of the field has been the best for quite some time.

Although back in the day, you used to have four classes, which was a pain to keep straight. Because you'd have the RS500s and the Rover SD1s winning the races, but the championship was often won by drivers in the smaller cars - eg John Cleland in a Vauxhall Astra.

Jody

Stubborn git
Amazes me that rhey still race a lot of the classics. Look at Leclerc the other month when he slammed that classic Ferrari. How do you begin to rebuild something like that.

If I had a choice of race rs500 it would be the black texaco livery.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
There are places that specialize in making replacement parts from the original tooling, whereas others will make stuff from scratch. IMHO racing cars are meant to be raced, and I love seeing the old machinery out there. :blush:

Ah, the Eggenberger cars... The dark side! :tongue:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
That's harsh, IMHO...

Yes, a decade ago, I'd have agreed with you when it came to the BTCC, but not now. Especially since there are no more "big name" drivers as there had been in the Supertouring era. This year the quality of the field has been the best for quite some time.

Although back in the day, you used to have four classes, which was a pain to keep straight. Because you'd have the RS500s and the Rover SD1s winning the races, but the championship was often won by drivers in the smaller cars - eg John Cleland in a Vauxhall Astra.

I do give it a try from time to time but meh

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
I do give it a try from time to time but meh

What's a girl gotta do to convince you? :girl:

Top Bottom