Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The green E type lead for most of the race until the last lap . It was being chased by a TVR Tuscan or Vixen. The E type was power sliding through the corners. The yellow Ford Capri was also leading until a couple of laps before the end, it was overtaken by the Brut Capri. The yellow Capri went wide a couple of times and retired with damage .
Austin A 40's seem to go well. I don't know where this one finished but it seemed to be going well. Somewhere above mid field I think.
There were 2 cars similar to the silver number 12. Strange looking. I couldn't think where the driver's legs were . That formula was fun to watch !

I just noticed that you can see the chain drive to the rear wheel on the silver car .

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Oh, Ginetta will be leaving the TOCA package at the end of this season.

Really going to miss the Juniors and the Supercup. :sad:
The Juniors will be running on the same package as the British GTs and the Supercup will be no more, but drivers will be supported to enter the GT4 class within British GT I understand. Juniors will certainly be missed for the entertainment, but not so much the Supercup which seemed to me to be much like the Porches but with a cheaper car mand more classes.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
The Juniors will be running on the same package as the British GTs and the Supercup will be no more, but drivers will be supported to enter the GT4 class within British GT I understand. Juniors will certainly be missed for the entertainment, but not so much the Supercup which seemed to me to be much like the Porches but with a cheaper car mand more classes.

Ah, I didn't realise they were pulling the plug on the Supercup completely... Madness, considering they only introduced the new V8 car for this year... :wacko:

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
That'll be their attempt at reviving F5000 in a modern style. Haven't heard anything on that this year at all and I think it only had about 10 entrants last year with some reliability problems.

S5000

Oddly enough, an article about it from Motorsport.com popped up on my FB feed this morning. It's still going it seems, but looks like they've been prevented from racing at Bathurst.

D

Deleted member 26715

Cracking BTCC races at Silverstone got a little slap happy for a few drivers bearing in mind it is supposed to be a non contact race format.

It's tightly poised for Brands, difficult to pull a winner out of the 4, at least it's the GP circuit, don't like the short loop. Personally I'd like to see Ingram or Sutton win, but that's just my dislike of BMW's, although I can't warm to Turkington at all,

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Tbh, I think Turkington's out of the fight unless the other three ALL have absolute stinkers. Any of Ting, Jake and Ash would be a worthy winner this year - all for different reasons.

I'm really surprised Josh Cook didn't get done for the contact with Dan Cammish at the start of race 3 - squeezing another driver into the pit wall is a no no, and if Josh hadn't caught the slide in time, that could've been absolute carnage.

D

Deleted member 26715

I'm really surprised Josh Cook didn't get done for the contact with Dan Cammish at the start of race 3 - squeezing another driver into the pit wall is a no no, and if Josh hadn't caught the slide in time, that could've been absolute carnage.

Yes & it really knocked the wind out of Cammish's sail, he'd been going great guns up until then maybe there was suspension/steering damage, he was certainly helping Sutton stay with the leaders in the first/second race, using his boost to tow Sutton along very much like in qualifying.

Maybe Turkington doesn't want it quite as much as the others do.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Yes & it really knocked the wind out of Cammish's sail, he'd been going great guns up until then maybe there was suspension/steering damage, he was certainly helping Sutton stay with the leaders in the first/second race, using his boost to tow Sutton along very much like in qualifying.

Maybe Turkington doesn't want it quite as much as the others do.

I thought Dan had a really good opportunity to win that race - or get a podium at the very least. But with his own championship long since scuppered, he's been a very effective rear gunner for Ash, something which none of the other contenders really have.

Turkington's been "off" all year tbh - although he's been pretty consistent which is why he's still up there. Although you can't deny Jake has upstaged him big time.

byegad

Legendary Member
Oh, Ginetta will be leaving the TOCA package at the end of this season.

Really going to miss the Juniors and the Supercup. :sad:

That's sad and I hope the BTCC program can find similar action series as them as replacements. I'll miss the juniors and the Supercup not being their may mean we don't have to listen to one of the commentators referring to ammerchewers instead of amateurs.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
That's sad and I hope the BTCC program can find similar action series as them as replacements. I'll miss the juniors and the Supercup not being their may mean we don't have to listen to one of the commentators referring to ammerchewers instead of amateurs.

I hope you're talking about Paul O'Neil, and not Richard John Neil... :laugh:

Here are some more pictures.

Attachments

• Aston DB3.JPG
    Aston DB3.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMGP1893.JPG
    IMGP1893.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMGP2022.JPG
    IMGP2022.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 1