Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
They have Stoffel Vandoorne, so Hulk won't be needed, in a perfect world Vandoorne would drop in at Williams & Russell would be allowed to put on his big boy pants & show what he is capable of, currently he is better than the car, but would that translate in a Mercedes. Afterall that's where he will be in 2022 when both Hamilton & Wolff have left the team.
And lo it came to pass :smile:

D

Deleted member 26715

It will be very interesting if Russell can get close to Bottas.
He’s never scored a point in F1 so this is his big chance.
A podium place would be amazing but very unlikely.
Ted Kravitz reckons he can qualify 4th & finish at least 4th, I think that's a big ask, but I hope he's right,

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/1...aces-lewis-hamilton-at-mercedes-for-sakhir-gp
What to expect from Russell on Merc debut?
Analysis from Sky Sports F1's Ted Kravitz, in Bahrain

"It's going to be very difficult for George but he's an expert on a Saturday, so I would reckon top four in qualifying would be a very good result for him - he should be near enough the Red Bulls. Again, in the race, top four would be very good, a podium would perhaps be expected in the car he's driving.

They should have given Hamilton's covid-vacated seat to Häkkinen. Can anyone see a reason why not? The season is completely bananas as it is. :biggrin:

D

Deleted member 26715

C'mon George you show them what you are capable of, you'll have Christian Horner knocking on your door at midnight at this rate.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
He’s 6 foot 1 with size 11 feet. The car was designed around two much smaller drivers so he is wearing size 10 shoes because his size 11 feet don’t fit in the car.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
He’s 6 foot 1 with size 11 feet. The car was designed around two much smaller drivers so he is wearing size 10 shoes because his size 11 feet don’t fit in the car.

Cue the 1989 Arrows A11. I remember one race where Eddie Cheever collapsed on getting out of the car because the cockpit was such a tight fit that it restricted the circulation to his legs. And Eddie was even taller than George.

Poor feet, is all I say...

Nice to see him wiping the floor with Bottas. So far.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Cue the 1989 Arrows A11. I remember one race where Eddie Cheever collapsed on getting out of the car because the cockpit was such a tight fit that it restricted the circulation to his legs. And Eddie was even taller than George.

Poor feet, is all I say...

Nice to see him wiping the floor with Bottas. So far.
He sees Hamilton's car and instinctively follows it :laugh:

figbat

Slippery scientist
I did wonder how George would fit the car - seems to be ok with it so far. Puts me in mind of one N Mansell Esq. and the McLaren MP4/10 Extra Wide special they had to build.

Top Bottom