Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
When they showed side-by-side cockpit footage of his lap vs Bottas’ you could see how much higher George’s helmet sits relative to the halo. This in itself is going to compromise the car aerodynamically and in terms of airbox inflow. To get that close to Bottas is an incredible feat, when Bottas often gets that close to Lewis.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I'll be watching at half nine on channel four.
That's what I tend to do, avoiding at all costs the BBC news page because they flash up big stories whenever Hamilton sets a fastest lap, qualifies for pole etc. I thought it was possibly pettiness after losing F1 and just wanting to spoil things for CH4 viewers but yesterday there was nothing. Not a chirp on the main news page about the guy from the back of the grid being almost literally shoehorned into his car then driving it within hundredths of a second of Hamilton's pace. There was a wee bit on the sport box at the bottom, but that disappeared quickly. Without Hamilton, the BBC don't seem as interested in F1.

D

Deleted member 1258

That's what I tend to do, avoiding at all costs the BBC news page because they flash up big stories whenever Hamilton sets a fastest lap, qualifies for pole etc. I thought it was possibly pettiness after losing F1 and just wanting to spoil things for CH4 viewers but yesterday there was nothing. Not a chirp on the main news page about the guy from the back of the grid being almost literally shoehorned into his car then driving it within hundredths of a second of Hamilton's pace. There was a wee bit on the sport box at the bottom, but that disappeared quickly. Without Hamilton, the BBC don't seem as interested in F1.

I'm usually trying to avoid news bulletins and facebook till I've seen qualifying/the race.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
I always listen to the live race and qualifying on Radio 5 Live. The coverage is actually pretty decent, as is the live text feed.

Mind, this (Hamilton) is nothing compared to Mansellmania, although admittedly there wasn't social media back then. :laugh:

figbat

Slippery scientist
The result was both disappointing and remarkable. Could... should have been a fairytale and as it turns out it was, just the wrong one.

D

Deleted member 26715

I don't understand why WIlliams are not knocking on his door, they have Lafitti because he brings in lots of money (but he's rubbish, relatively speaking), but Checo probably brings more

figbat

Slippery scientist
His start was classic Bottas - screw it up then panic. He was pulling George in until the safety car. He was made to look ordinary in the final stint by the tyres he was on.

Top Bottom