Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cerdic

Maybe the thinking is that Hamilton will retire after winning one more World Championship, giving him the outright record. On current form that could be the end of next season!

D

Deleted member 26715

Maybe the thinking is that Hamilton will retire after winning one more World Championship, giving him the outright record. On current form that could be the end of next season!
That along with the change in regs there is no guarantee that Mercedes will be at the front of the pack.

Feel sorry for Russell, Hamilton has been declared fit, he's going to be screaming in the helmet tomorrow when the Williams won't do what the Mercedes did.

classic33

Leg End Member
There was an e-mail in circulation, last week, saying that any attendee at this weeks Grand Prix would not be allowed to enter the country if they had had the virus.

How has that been worked round?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
There was an item on Autosport that covered it, but basically the F1 circus is in a biosphere - travelled as a group and six hotels specially allocated to them plus another hotel for the track workers. All had to be tested before leaving Bahrain and again at Abu Dhabi.

Hamilton completed his quarrantine in Bahrain and tested negative so is free to race this weekend.

classic33

Leg End Member
There was an item on Autosport that covered it, but basically the F1 circus is in a biosphere - travelled as a group and six hotels specially allocated to them plus another hotel for the track workers. All had to be tested before leaving Bahrain and again at Abu Dhabi.

Hamilton completed his quarrantine in Bahrain and tested negative so is free to race this weekend.
The e-mail applied to those in the F1 circus.

He tested positive two days after, seven days isolation, followed by a requirement to return four negative tests. That's thirteen days in total, minimum. Race on Sunday will be twelve days after, one day short.

figbat

Slippery scientist
So, anyone excited about the new F1 season? Looks like Red Bull may have a machine to reckon with...
Many’s the time the pre-season testing has raised false hopes. But yes, I’m ready to get on with this season.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Sadly I won’t be watching live.
Just heard an advert for Sky F1.
£18 a month on top of your Sky subscription. Who would pay that for two races a month?

icowden

Veteran
£18 a month on top of your Sky subscription. Who would pay that for two races a month?

Once Sky's contract finishes we are likely to have to use F1 TV which is about £60 for the year. Unfortunately sky paid a billion for exclusive screening rights in the UK (they have a contract in Germany too) until 2024. No wonder it's pricey - they are trying to make back the investment!

D

Deleted member 26715

Once Sky's contract finishes we are likely to have to use F1 TV which is about £60 for the year.
Just looked they have Jolyon Palmer that's enough on it's own for me not to be interested, even if it was free

figbat

Slippery scientist
I’m lucky that when I first took out Sky+ HD the F1 channel was bundled in, and many years later I still have it.

To be accurate though, you get all F1 coverage; pre-season testing, practice sessions, qualifying and the races, not to mention the other stuff (interviews, behind the scenes, analysis etc). You also get the support races and other stuff like IndyCar. Whether this interests you is your call.

gbb

Legendary Member
So, anyone excited about the new F1 season? Looks like Red Bull may have a machine to reckon with...
At 62, I've avidly watched F1 for as long as I can remember. But I just cannot get excited about it any more, Mercedes have killed it and if Porsche did join in, i think it would get worse, not better. I will watch but with a grudging eye. It's a pretty pitiful spectacle compared to times gone by.

Top Bottom