Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Fair enough. :okay: I just guess when you've lost interest, you've lost interest... :blush:

And as I said upthread, it's also now behind a paywall to watch live, and I can't justify stumping up the cash. If it was on FTA, I'd probably watch it and maybe my interest would re-ignite.

Highlights on quest, usually at a silly time, I usually end up watching on Quest OD on my tablet.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Highlights on quest, usually at a silly time, I usually end up watching on Quest OD on my tablet.

Yeah, I know... They've migrated to various different (and gradually less mainstream) channels since the coverage went over to BTsport. Hate the silly-o-clock thing, and just tend to forget.

Rallying highlights have gone the same way. :sad:

I went off watching it for about 6 years, I guess it ebbs and flows. I only started watching again when my brother got the bsb gig a few years back, I got a bike and started doing bsb rounds and following bikes on the tv again (not paying though!)

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Yeah, I know... They've migrated to various different (and gradually less mainstream) channels since the coverage went over to BTsport. Hate the silly-o-clock thing, and just tend to forget.

Rallying highlights have gone the same way. :sad:
Not to mention the commentary team are carp compared to the BBC team.

D

Deleted member 26715

Whose the guy who gets almost apoplectic when it's a close race towards the end

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Yep, both quite entertaining as well as informed.

Charlie did the BTCC commentary when it was on the BBC back in the late 90s. I can't remember who was his co-commentator though, although it might even have been Steve...

Do you remember when Charlie rolled his Mondeo at Thruxton in '95?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Charlie did the BTCC commentary when it was on the BBC back in the late 90s. I can't remember who was his co-commentator though, although it might even have been Steve...

Do you remember when Charlie rolled his Mondeo at Thruxton in '95?
Nah I really didn't watch much car racing in 95, I was with a gorgeous girl from Finland then and we spent most of our free time either getting drunk or in bed (not much time for telly)

Always been a fan of 'Stavros' though from his exploits with Sheene in the late 70s and the madness they caused in the paddock to him qualifying for a 500 world championship race on Barry's bike and Leathers when Barry was a 'bit' hungover on the Saturday (TBF they were team mates at the time) I mean anyone who can drive a car with personalised plate PEN 15 has got to be a hero.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Sad to report via a friend and former colleague in the media that Motoring News has gone tits up. Autosport is also in a lot of trouble.

It's unfortunate, but given the rise of digital media, inevitable. I used to buy both religiously but now will only snag a copy when there's something in there that I want to read or keep for posterity.

Whenever I pick up a copy of Autosport these days, I always find myself thinking that it's expensive for what it is, too "glitzy" and a lot less informative and a lot less of a good read than it used to be. Maybe I'm looking back through rose tinted specs, but maybe not. It's a totally different kind of publication to the one I started buying in '88...

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Regarding Autosport, they've just announced that they're putting up the cost of their printed edition from £3.99 to £10.99 in order to be able to cover their costs.

opjMzg1MrtCi1CUM1IkYdvS2l6Y&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.jpg

Top Bottom