mountain biking in Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Afan argoed is an awesome trail centre. Be even better if it wasnt............at the other end of Wales.

OP
OP
welsh dragon

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Maybe it is me but cars with bikes on them, especially mountain bikes are oftem some of the most badly driven I even encounter on two wheels!

And the roads in Wales don't need any more cars, they are fine as they are.

Same old story. We want the money, but not the tourists and you cant have one without the ofher. I know all about the extra cars that come here every summer.

OP
OP
welsh dragon

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
They can just post it to us and watch the youtube vids !

Good idea. To be honest, most of the drivers we get here tend to be ok. Sure there are some that shouldn't have a licence to drive a wheelbarrow let alone a car, but on the whole the driving is ok. The locals are the worst drivers in a lot of cases. However, we do need the business and money they bring to the area.

Motozulu

Über Member
What about Cannock Chase? won't anybody think of Cannock? ^_^

Archeress

Veteran
Years ago my family rented a holiday cottage that was on the edge of the woods on the forest track that served the old Coed Y Brenin forest visitor centre and cycle hire. It was great staying at the cottage, just being able to ride down the hill to the centre and the start of the trails, and then after a day in the woods, just a short cycle ride to your own hot shower or bath.

Hugs
Archeress x

Cubist

Still wavin'
North Wales is only an hour or so along the motorway , so Llandegla is a regular spot for us. Cubester and I have a lad's weekend camping in North Wales every summer, fishing and biking. Penmachno, and Marin trails are great for the less crowded, more natural feel and we plan to ride Coed Y Brenin this year.

www.MBWales.com is a great resource which also points to some great wild riding.

Top Bottom