mountain biking in Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boo

Über Member
So just out of curiosity, is there any decent biking around the Builth Wells / Llandrindod Wells neck of the woods? My sister and her husband have just opened up a B&B / self-catering barn conversion in the area and I'm wondering if they ought to be mentioning 'Good area for MTB'ers' on their website?

OP
OP
welsh dragon

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Not sure, but just go online. There should be some ideas there for you.

Jody

Stubborn git
So just out of curiosity, is there any decent biking around the Builth Wells / Llandrindod Wells neck of the woods? My sister and her husband have just opened up a B&B / self-catering barn conversion in the area and I'm wondering if they ought to be mentioning 'Good area for MTB'ers' on their website?

Could you check Strava for segments set up and see how many have ridden them? Any trails near me are littered with them.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
yes. They have an mtb festival every year in Builth and Rhayader up the road is a mecca

Coed Trallwm trail centre is 12 miles away.

builth is also on ncn8 Lon Las Cymru - long distance sustrans route in Wales from chepstow to holyhead. Cyclist friendly b&B's always welcome in mid-wales

As a teenager I had some cracking rides around Llanrwst, Trefiw, Betsy-Y-Coed as I used to holiday in the area. Now I'm back into MTBing I think its time for a return visit.....

Shadowfax

Has anyone ever written home about a trail centre? :thumbsup:
Sssh this is an advert for the welsh tourist board.... remember ?

Top Bottom