Mounting a Fly12 CE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dadam

I've got a new bike on order (Orbea Gain) and of course want to mount my Fly12 on it.
The Fly12 has a 1/8 turn locking system which (I think) is proprietary but adaptors are available.

There seem to be 3 broad options:
I really want it mounted out front ideally, but a complicating factor is the Gain has a small display in front of the stem for assistance level and battery level plus basic computer functions like speed and odometer. The curved out front mounts that put devices in the middle would not fit with this, so would need to be mounted further out. Also I'd like at some point to have a better Garmin type computer, which is an entire separate thread, so the duo mount seems like the best option despite the price.

Last edited:

Solocle

Über Member
I've got a new bike on order (Orbea Gain) and of course want to mount my Fly12 on it.
The Fly12 has a 1/8 turn locking system which (I think) is proprietary but adaptors are available.

There seem to be 3 broad options:
I really want it mounted out front ideally, but a complicating factor is the Gain has a small display in front of the stem for assistance level and battery level plus basic computer functions like speed and odometer. The curved out front mounts that put devices in the middle would not fit with this, so would need to be mounted further out. Also I'd like at some point to have a better Garmin type computer, which is an entire separate thread, so the duo mount seems like the best option despite the price.

Not a fly12, but I have a duo style mount that's aftermarket:
1667391114617.png

This is what it's composed of:
Dymoece Out Front Combo
Aluminum Dual Twin Mount Adapter
Universal Conversion Adapter Set

Note that the dual adapter is so that I can have the dynamo front light and the Ghost XL mounted there.

Be careful. especially if you are going to be using the out front mount for a gps with the fly 12 underneath. Common problems are that the camera will wobble making any footage unusable even worse it will snap - even the alloy ones.

I have the original fly 12 and a standard go pro mounts on the bars has been absolutely fine. However following some new bars I am have ordered the k edge out front mount - the other option is the cycliq duo - but that is expensive.

If you just go for a single k edge mount - they are around £25 on ebay - the ones that host both tend to be close to £60. Don't buy a cheaper replice even if it looks identical - K edge or Cycliq

I had the CE but the cheap plastic mount broke - so I went back to the fly 12.

The new mount should arrive soon will let you know how I get on

OP
OP
D

Dadam

I currently have it on my flat bar Giant hybrid on a normal mount and footage is fine with the stabilisation. I guess you mean the out front mounts can flex more especially with the extra weight. That's something I hadn't considered thanks.

I currently have it on my flat bar Giant hybrid on a normal mount and footage is fine with the stabilisation. I guess you mean the out front mounts can flex more especially with the extra weight. That's something I hadn't considered thanks.

My mounts arrived - will try and post some pics soon.

Yes that's the problem with the cheaper mounts.

Ok here's the mount and picture 2 attached to bike - haven't been for a ride yet - but feels bombproof.
PXL_20221102_173652016.jpg

PXL_20221102_181743779.jpg

OP
OP
D

Dadam

That mount looks like this item: 255752182171 Possibly a different seller as it's £35

What is your opinion of this item, almost the same product name but a different design? 394129450112
Ebay item numbers as I wasn't sure if it was ok to post listing links.

Turns out I have a gopro style camera adaptor in the Cycliq box so it seems I'd just need one of these mounts

OP
OP
D

Dadam

Update: I managed to bag used a K-edge duo mount off the bay for £24 inc postage. It's in good nick and works a treat. I've got the K-edge mounted so the Cycliq is central, underneath the Orbea computer, as it's low enough not to interfere with the orbea stem front mount.

Top Bottom