Mounting a Garmin Edge in front of handlebars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveL

I just cancelled my k edge, sick of waiting and concerns about wear in the mount. Was going to get the barfly, but I don't like the position it puts the 800. Found this thread http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=99896&start=285, but didn't like how far forward it placed the 800. Towards the end of the thread they are working on a slightly shorter one, so emailed them and they have one, should get posted tomorrow. I will let you know what it's like.

Dave

Just ordered myself a K-Edge from an American Ebayer, seems like a company selling them and it came to £38 including shipping (link below if anyones interested

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-Edge-Cy...ers_Mounts&hash=item337b4de20f#ht_1994wt_1325

DaveL

Arrived today, not ridden with it yet, but here's some photo's
7857862788_cd96320a80.jpg
7857853554_600fab8a6a.jpg
7857840130_1d59e17f6b.jpg

amaferanga

Veteran
I've been using something similar for the past year. This is the one I have - it's a carbon bar with an alloy clamp. You can trim the carbon bar down so it looks nice and neat. It looks okay and does the job of putting my Edge 500 in just the right place in front of and in line with the stem, but I'd still prefer a proper mount like the fliploc one. If only it wasn't so absurdly expensive.

amaferanga

Veteran
I don't think having it clamped between the plates of the stem is a good idea. You should do what Gary E has done and clamp it ahead of the stem. Also (and I'm being hyper-critical here despite the fact that I couldn't make something like this!) your Garmin is a bit high up - it looks way better if it's in line with the stem.

Good effort though :thumbsup:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I don't think having it clamped between the plates of the stem is a good idea. You should do what Gary E has done and clamp it ahead of the stem. Also (and I'm being hyper-critical here despite the fact that I couldn't make something like this!) your Garmin is a bit high up - it looks way better if it's in line with the stem.

Good effort though :thumbsup:

Definitely not. TBH I am not even keen on the idea of putting it in front of the stem plate. TBH, the stem is something I absolutely would not take ANY risk with or modify the fitment at all.

Top Bottom