Mounting a Garmin Edge in front of handlebars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
Nice job Tincaman :thumbsup:.

As for taking risks with the stem, there are non. The bracket and spacers just act as washers for a longer stem bolt. It doesn't modify the stem in any way and the bolts are torqued to the same value as before. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
Tincaman - my one concern, when I did it, was that fitting the Garmin mount in that way would not be very secure. I experimented a bit and found a way that works quite well. I used the rubber bit that goes under the mount as it stops the mount rotating and 2 o'rings (I've used my dodgy Photoshop skills to try to colour the 2 o'rings differently to make it easier to see).......

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
Obviously my last post would have made more sense had I remembered to add the picture.......

Mount.jpg

Tincaman - my one concern, when I did it, was that fitting the Garmin mount in that way would not be very secure. I experimented a bit and found a way that works quite well. I used the rubber bit that goes under the mount as it stops the mount rotating and 2 o'rings (I've used my dodgy Photoshop skills to try to colour the 2 o'rings differently to make it easier to see).......

Those new O-rings I have used are pretty tight, it needs a screwdriver to prise them off again

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
Sorry mate, didn't mean to criticise, you've made a good job of it.
When I used the Garmin o'rings on mine it was a bit loose. The thought of £350 worth of computer bouncing down the road scared me :laugh:
What did you use for the spacers?

Dags11

As the title says.
My Edge 800 is mounted on the stem but I would prefer to have it a few inches further forward just so that I don't have to look quite so far down to read it.
I've been searching the interweb and found a few solutions but all seem well over-priced to me.
The 3T mount looks lovely but at over £200 is well out of my range. Even the little plastic mounts I've seen are over £30 :ohmy:
I need to buy 2 (one for each bike) which doesn't help either.
Has anyone managed this without having to sell a Kidney?
I'd appreciate any advice/pictures.
A spot in the fringe beckons?

My K-Edge mount came the other day and its lovely, not ridden out with it yet but can see it being much better out front.

ypPwB.jpg

The RM have left a card today as they'd tried to deliver my Design Cycle mount from the US.

Sadly they wouldn't leave it as UK customs have had their grubby, grotty, greedy little paws on it and I'm going to have to pay £12.42 duty :cursing:

Feckin' feckless feckers :ninja:

So my £26 mount has turned into an over £40 mount, it'd better be very good when I get it!

raceware direct are also doing them for about £28 delivered
Hadn't seen those :sad: Mind you I scoured t'internet for the Design Cycles one prior to ordering, but they are unique to Design Cycles themselves.

The ones you linked to aren't actually the same ones, although they are styled the same, but TBH though I'd have bought one of them if I'd know about them :cursing:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Racewear direct one's are plastic, not sure how strong they are. If they are good and anyone can vouch for them, then I might buy one! If only because mounting my light battery under the stem means I have to push my Garmin right toward the bottom of the stem.

Top Bottom