Mounting water bottles on a Brompton bag mount

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ExBrit

Über Member
I designed and printed a water bottle mount that attaches to my Brompton's bag mount. I couldn't find anyone selling one, so I did it myself. It seems to work fine and I can drink while riding. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether this is a good idea and why no-one seems to be selling them? Did I miss something?
Thanks

Yes, I have drops and aerobars on my Brompton.
WaterBottleHolder2.jpg

Rocky

Hello decadence
Nice design and great looking Brommie :smile:

Last edited:

mitchibob

Über Member
Nice! I vaguely remember seeing one for a single water bottle somewhere.

Personally, I'll stick with the SKS velcro ones so that I can still use the luggage block for luggage, but that looks cool.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I designed and printed a water bottle mount that attaches to my Brompton's bag mount. I couldn't find anyone selling one, so I did it myself. It seems to work fine and I can drink while riding. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether this is a good idea and why no-one seems to be selling them? Did I miss something?
Thanks

Yes, I have drops and aerobars on my Brompton.
View attachment 583002
Lovely looking bike, the bottle cage really blends in well and looks very professional 👍😎

T4tomo

Guru
Good job that man.

If I needed one i'd tuck it in the bag that sat on the block! But generally my brommie was for a shortish London commute so didn't need hydration on the go.

Kell

Veteran
I think it's a pretty elegant solution.

But I would question the need to carry two bottles on a Brompton.

It does looks like it would be hard to use in practice (without having tried it myself of course).

I went for a Monki Clip mounted higher up on the back of the stem, before switching back to the tried and tested Camelback.

OP
OP
ExBrit

ExBrit

Über Member
I think it's a pretty elegant solution.

It does looks like it would be hard to use in practice (without having tried it myself of course).

I went for a Monki Clip mounted higher up on the back of the stem, before switching back to the tried and tested Camelback.
Thanks for the feedback. It is unfortunate that Brompton has abdicated responsibility for water bottle mounts but I'm impressed by all the solutions people have come up with. This is my attempt to contribute.

Kell

Veteran
This is where I mounted mine at first:

_nc_ohc=7CpkNw9ddlYAX8spy6M&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.jpg

However, I did swing it around to the right a little more so that it didn't stick out when folded.

I ended up with it here - though in this guise it was just used to carry the battery pack for that mega Cree Chinese light.

_nc_ohc=dEZIbZsdEegAX-6DZXc&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-2.jpg

mitchibob

Über Member

Ride London 100 on a warm day requires 2 bottles (actually 3). I nearly always carry two bottles on longer rides so that I can have one with water and one with hydration tablet and water. But Monkii cage was overpriced rubbish that fell apart first time I used it. SKS ones were much cheaper and far more useful. I've even used on my road bike when I had a frame bag that meant I needed to significantly lower one of the bottles in order for everything to fit. I also like the fact that even with full bottles, flipping down the bars to fold still never loses the bottles (although, if you don't lock the bottles, water will go everywhere).

IMG-20190428-WA0010.jpeg

Top Bottom