Moving a ground anchor..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I reckon its going to be fun... 2 years ago I drilled a concrete floor... Covered 2 allen key headed rawl bolts in araldite and bolted a quite expensive ground anchor in with them... Then tapped oversized ball bearings in to the allen key hole....

Now I want to move it 6 feet...

If I can't prise it up I'll have to buy another one and leave it in place for everyone to trip over....

U

User6179

I reckon its going to be fun... 2 years ago I drilled a concrete floor... Covered 2 allen key headed rawl bolts in araldite and bolted a quite expensive ground anchor in with them... Then tapped oversized ball bearings in to the allen key hole....

If I can't prise it up I'll have to buy another one and leave it in place for everyone to trip over....

Can you not cut the heads off the bolts with a grinder?

screenman

Legendary Member

Could you weld something onto the bolts?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
What if you turn the bikes the other way round.
They'd be a bit closer to the anchor point then.

:smile:

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Just go hire a grinder
Save you a lot of mess

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good Luck, you'll need it.

Fortunately my anchor is at the side of the garage. Not ever going to move it as drilling the ruddy holes did in a drill. I 'think' mine are removable if there is no lock in place - i.e. the lock covers the bolts or a cover over them.

I'm likely to need another at some point, and that will end up in a trip zone.

si_c

Guru

Could you drill a pilot hole and then use a screw extractor? You might need to scrape most of the araldite off, but it might be the easiest option.

OP
OP
simon the viking
Could you drill a pilot hole and then use a screw extractor? You might need to scrape most of the araldite off, but it might be the easiest option.
The araldite was down the metal rawl plug bit.. The centre of the bolt has got a ball bearing hammered into it.

Top Bottom