Moving home. Car insurance surprise.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User33236

A week tomorrow I am moving from the Greater Manchester area to Edinburgh so called my car insurance company to notify them and, at the same time, double my annual mileage estimate.

The insurance has been running since February so what somewhat amazed to be told than, following the changes, I am due a refund of over £90. Thats a considerable % of the premium I paid 4 months ago ^_^

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
How much did you pay... I'm in my late 40's and both my wife's and my insurances are around £250 - both cars similar size (mid to large), her's is reasonably new. No tarmac shredders though.

OP
OP
U

User33236

How much did you pay... I'm in my late 40's and both my wife's and my insurances are around £250 - both cars similar size (mid to large), her's is reasonably new. No tarmac shredders though.
Initially paid just shy of £300 so the refund seems disproportionate. Though I know when I moved south 15 years ago my insurance more than doubled as a result.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Sometimes it's just because of postcode.

I got a surprise moving from my Saab (2.0ltr turbo petrol, modified) to the Peugeot Tepee (1.6 petrol, slow) with an increase of £50 despite going down from group 16 (of 20) to group 2 :eek:

Drago

Legendary Member
I once moved two streets - I could even see the roof of my old house from the new, it was that close, and my insurance went up. That is, they wanted it to go up but I cancelled it and got cheaper elsewhere than I'd started out with.

Top Bottom