Moving house

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hopefully.!!

Ours is had an offer and been accepted and we are negotiating a price on the one we like.
After we have spent money doing it up i will still be around £200 a month better off as we have gone for an older house and allowed plenty to bring it up to spec.
And the commute is the same distance .....

john59

Guru
Best of luck. We moved house 8 months ago and couldn't be happier.

D

Deleted member 1258

cybernight enjoy your new home and the extra cash in your pocket. We moved about two years ago saved ourselves about a hundred and fifty quid a month.

We moved in December knowing it needed some work. However, we underestimated the cost of the work a bit! (Damn supporting walls that don't look supporting!!) So we are a poorer. :smile: Much nicer area though, so in that way we are richer! :biggrin:
Good luck with the sale and move! :laugh:

twentysix by twentyfive said:
Must say I prefer a house with a bit of age to it. Modern ones just seems so flimsy - and no garden usually. Currently in a 50's house with 1/4 acre.

Couldn't agree more, I grew up in a Victorian cottage but have since lived in all sorts or other places and there's nothing like having had a home bed-in and settle for a few decades.

I'm presently stranded in a modern flat conversion, when they split the building in two they managed to take all of the character out of it; looking forward to finishing here and moving back to my ancestral home that I inherited from my grandparents, a late forties ex-council retirement bungalow. Lovely.

Enjoy your new place cyberknight, when's the house warming party? :laugh:

speccy1

Best of luck with it all:smile::smile:

Hoping to do the same myself next year, there`s nothing worse than living somewhere you don`t like, I know the feeling well, I get regular attemps at somebody trying to get into my garage, came home the other night to find several airgun pellets in my front garden:eek:, I`ve got noisy neighbours.......etc etc etc, this place is a shithole and I can`t wait until next spring when I can afford to sell up and move.

Enjoy, I`m not green.....honest:thumbsup::laugh:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
always quite stressfull , but hopefully worth it

Globalti

Legendary Member
Old houses were built with generous dimensions because heating fuel costs weren't an issue. Modern houses are cleverly designed with the same proportions so they look spacious but it's only when you walk around inside that you realise that they are lovely and warm but the rooms are too small for even a wardrobe.

Depending on how a job application goes i may be looking at a move to the other end of the country early next year (Scotland, actually, heads up Scottish CC'ers.) I've got very mixed feelings about the whole moving house thing because it's so stressful. But if I had my way I'd love to live in an Edwardian house.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Kirstie said:
Depending on how a job application goes i may be looking at a move to the other end of the country early next year (Scotland, actually, heads up Scottish CC'ers.) I've got very mixed feelings about the whole moving house thing because it's so stressful. But if I had my way I'd love to live in an Edwardian house.

You'd have to change your "haplessly trapped" location then :biggrin:
Good luck with the job application!

T

P.S. :bicycle: Forgot to say ... the length some people go to, to join CC Ecosse :ohmy:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Bloody Hell! Scotland! We dream of living in Scotland.... all that space! Real weather! Go for it Kirstie.

Top Bottom