Moving to London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

dand_uk

Hello again, thanks for all of the replies.

To try to answer all the questions:
- I ride 4 miles in 15-20mins at the moment to my current work place, but there are not many traffic lights (yes I stop for red). So a half hour ride in the mornings would be easily doable.
- I ride a road bike and avoid busy shared cycleways as I like to keep a reasonable pace.
- My parents live in the midlands so M40 or Euston/Marylebone would be my way home.
- I also have friends in Southampton for the weekends, and enjoy the New Forest.
- I am looking to rent and share a house, and I don't mind the place being a bit older if it is in a good location (i.e. not at the end of Heathrow runway or in a horrible council estate)
- Not really looking to live a walkable distance from the office as I doubt it would be affordable.

Just really looking for a location where my route to work affords avoids junctions, e.g. kings cross, Bow rbt.

Thanks for the radius website link - i'll check it out!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
My advice is find a place you like and can afford, then worry about the cycle route after that.
Almost every ride in London will involve a killer junction, but don't let that put you off. you will quickly learn how to ride safely. Most drivers are very good around cyclists.
Come back once you have found a place to live and I bet someone will live near by and give you route advice.

Top Bottom